Chapter 58

I open my blurry eyes to find Ren smiling at me. She leans in to kiss my lips, which causes my eyes to widen.

It's a new day, and the sun's rays have streaked through the window, casting a golden glow across the room.

"Good morning, handsome," She says with a smile.

I smile back and say, "Good morning, beautiful."

"Did you even get any sleep?" I add as I was worried that she had a hard time falling asleep last night before I came over.

We had a steamy moment last night, and I remember being so exhausted from my climax that I fast asleep.

Now I woke up to find her staring at me.

"Of course, I was awake not long ago," She responds. "Your antidote is always effective,"

I can't help but chuckle at this.

"You were now watching me while I was asleep," I remark to her, biting my lower lip.

"You can't even begin to imagine how hot you are in your sleep," She retorts and I flush while looking up at the ceiling.

She then rests her head on my chest just below my shoulder and uses her finger to begin softly stroking my hairy chest.

After a few minutes of silence, I start toying with her kinky bun hair as well. As I am merely thinking about us, I wonder what is going through her thoughts.

I have no idea where this is heading with what is going on between us, but my heart can't stop falling for her and I wish I could wake up next to her every day.

The sound of her phone ringing on the nightstand near me breaks the silence, and she raises her head above my chest as I reach for the phone.

While giving it to her, I notice that Nicholas's face is visible on the phone's display, indicating that he is the one who is calling.

"Hey," She says as she sits up, picking up the phone.

I sneer a little as I'm so annoyed that he's talking to Nicholas in my presence.

"I'm fine" She continues.

I shake my head sadly.

I slide out of her bed, reach for my clothes, and put them on by wearing my boxer brief first.

"Can I call you back?" I hear her saying.

"Mickey, what are you doing?" She asks as she crawls out of bed, wrapping the blanket around her body.

"Leaving." I shrug.

"Does this have anything to do with Nicholas?"

"What do you expect?"

"I'm not getting back with him,"

"And what about us? You and me?" She scoffs in confusion as I argue.

"I thought we were okay as friends?"

"Even after I expressed my feelings to you?"

"The last I checked, you don't do long-term relationships," She retorts and I shake my head in shock.

She is twisting my words to her advantage.

"What if I'm ready to commit to a long-term relationship with you?" She looks at me with shocked eyebrows as I speak.

I groan in despair as she nods "no" and turns her attention away from me.

"So none of this means anything to you?" I claim.