Chapter 31

"Hey, what's up?" I say to Olivia as she watches Karen disappear, closing the door. She turns around to me with her arms folded across her chest.

She starts to look around while I roll my eyes, noticing her smirking face

"My brother sleeping with one of the chefs and he has the right to tell me who to date," She lets out and I exhale.

"You can't compare me to you and Jeff besides I'm not sleeping with her," I clarify and she scoffs, making her way to sit on my reading chair which faces me

"Why would I believe you? You are Michael Anderson," She expresses. "She even put on your t-shirt."

"Come on!..." I pause as I don't know what else to say. I know she will never be convinced that I didn't have anything with Karen.

"Let's leave Karen and me aside and talk about you and Jeff," I add as I change my sit posture, now bending forward to her.

"Babe, you might have feelings for Jeff but you can't date him," I express in my honest voice, looking deeply into her eyes. "I know the type of guy you want, Jeff is not in any way close to that,"

"Then tell me who he is," She replies in confusion. "You can't just tell he is not the type of guy I want without giving me any evidence."

I let out a sigh in exhaustion and I sit properly. She is right but there is no way she is gonna hear from me about dad being a drug dealer and Jeff being his agent.

"I'm waiting," Her sharp voice snaps me out of my thoughts. "There is nothing to say?" She adds and I nod no.

"Maybe," I answer and I gulp. I wish she found out herself.

"Then the conversation is closed."

"And you think dad will approve of it?" I inquire, feeling disturbed about the situation.

"And you gonna snitch on me?" She retorts in confidence and I raised my brows in surprise.

"Why would you hide it from him?"

"Well, I'm just yet to reveal it to him. Just taking my time," She clarifies and I react oh!

Jeff must have convinced her of that. He knew the chief would never agree.

"Well, I came here to get your flash drive," She says in a request way.

"What do you need it for?" I question,

"I'm not gonna eat or is there anything you are hiding?" She responds and I roll my eyes. "Just for work,"

"Then I will give you a spare one and you must return it," I say to her as I get up.

"It's a spare one, why should I return it?" She teases and I sneer at her before walking to my nightstand.

***********

After my last lecture today which ended around 2;30 pm, I texted Karen to know if she is still on campus and she asked me to come to meet at the student union block lane.

Getting there, I look around to see her on the block pavement, chatting with a beardless butch-cut-haired guy who I think is her ex-boyfriend with the way they are arguing.

I get out of my whip and I start to approach them. Karen looks so upset and hurt. She doesn't even look at him as he is talking with her, seems he is pleading.

I clear my throat as I walk close to them. It catches their attention and they both stare at me as the guy keeps mute, seeing me.

I stroke my hands into my pocket, glaring at the guy.