Chapter 9

Seeing Olivia relocating back to Nigeria some days after is a whole vibe for me. Right here in my arms, holding her tight, I kiss her cheek while one of our house workers takes her luggage to her room.

"Welcome back!" I say in my relaxed voice.

I cherish Olivia so much being the only one I have got as my sibling while she does regard me as her annoying little brother.

"Do you know we barely talk since that day you messed up," She replies and I grunt, rolling my eyes.

"You are good at chiding me, why won't I lie low," I state and she shakes her head in disbelief, smiling.

Dad joins us in the living room to welcome her. I release her from my hug at that moment and she hurries to give dad a big hug while I sit on the couch watching them discussing indistinctly.

What a daddy's girl! I feel. It would have been a perfectly complete family if mom is also here. I miss us.

And there also comes Tracy making some sounds on the stairs with her slippers.

"Olivia Anderson," She grins as she reaches the living room. "It's good to see you," She adds, and Olivia shockingly stares at her in confusion.

"Who is she?" She asks.

"I'm Tracy," Tracy introduces herself, stretching out her hand to shake hands with my sister while she resists her.

"Your stepmother-to-be," I add jokingly and burst out laughing.

"What!" Olivia exclaims and looks into dad's eyes for an explanation.

"Mike, you need to grow up," Dad says to me.

I know he will be thinking about how he is gonna explain this to her daughter who takes no nonsense.

This makes me continue laughing in a silly way.

"I will see you later sweetie, please do make yourself comfortable in your father's mansion," Dad states to Olivia and he starts heading back upstairs with Tracy.

"Are we hosting a welcome back party for Olivia?" I ask as they walk upstairs.

I have been perceiving some savor aromas here in the living room even before Olivia arrives.

And now I can't take it any longer, as I am convinced that those aromas are from the combination of different meals.

"Exactly," Olivia adds, both staring at dad who put his hand around Tracy's shoulder.

"It must be the new chefs' test," He clarifies and I raise my eyebrows in surprise.

"Are we recruiting new chefs?" I inquire in confusion.

"Some have resigned due to their stakes," Dad responds.

"Mike, we should go check what they are up to," Olivia says to me, and I agree as I get up.

"You guys are for food only, especially Mike," He shouts at us and I chuckle a little as Olivia and I make our way to the kitchen.

"Is dad for real with that lady?" Olivia whispers to me, still looking surprised and worried at the same time.

"Maybe," I shrug.

"She is too young for him," She complains.