Chapter 56

"Who's in there?" My sister's voice follows, and I feel weak inside. It would have been preferable if it was one of the housemaids.

For goodness sake, it shouldn't be Olivia.

"What are we going to do?"  Tracy mouths in dread to me. I nod without saying anything and carefully hang the frame back up.

"The green led light is switched on, and the chief is left for the gubernatorial debate," She continues, and I shake my head in disbelief, knowing she will never back down.

"Open the door or I'll call my father right away," She adds, and I leap off the couch, veering to open the door.

Olivia is taken aback when she sees me.

"What in the world are you doing in my father's study?" She inquires and storms in.

I keep my eyes on the floor and notice Tracy standing next to me. My sister seems more shocked than before when she sees Tracy.

"The two of you?" She is in awe. "How did you get access to the study in the first place? Well, you took the key card from my father?" She continues, attacking Tracy while I swiftly defend her.

"I'm to be blamed,"

"I know you can't do that even if you and dad don't get along." She argues.

"I requested her to assist me in getting the key card, okay?" I explain clearly to her.

"Why?" She shrugs in confusion as I make every effort to come up with a quick response.

"I wanted my car back, I came to search for the key fob," I had to lie and she scoffs.

"You can't tell dad or anybody else," I add, imploring with my eyes as she sneers.

"She betrayed dad, and someone like her should not be around him,"

I fold my hands with my fingers pointing up, pleading,

"Please, for my sake."

"Fine!" She retorts, rolling her eyes, while I am relieved.

 "May I have the key card?" She then asks that my gaze is drawn to Tracy, anticipating her to hand Olivia the key.

"I have to return it myself," Tracy replies, and I can see where she's coming from.

"You have to give it to me if you don't want me to tell on you guys," Olivia objects, frowning her face.

"You can't possibly return the card without Dad finding out. Let her handle it on her own," I interfere, expressing myself

"Then I'm going to search you guys," She proclaims, and Tracy gasps in shock as she stares at me.

I'm sure she was concerned about the house key in my pocket.

"Why would you want to do that?" I remark, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"I don't trust her." Olivia sputters.

"I was here with her and you should trust me, please," I firmly state and she sighs unfavorably.

"Can we get out of here?" She says, and we all walk outdoors. Tracy locks the door with the key card and walks downstairs, leaving us alone.

Olivia rambles as much as I anticipated, saying, "I don't know what you see in her that makes you become friends with her."

"She can't be trusted, she is only here for our father's wealth," She continues and I interrupt her by kissing her cheek.

I don't care what she says as long as she doesn't rat on us.

"How about we eat supper together if you haven't already?" I suggest, and she rolls her eyes.