Chapter 63

My eyes fully opened to reveal that I was lying supine on a bed. The harsh, sterile scent of antiseptics and the low hum of medical equipment filled the air.

My head throbbed with a dull ache.

I look around to see that I'm in a hospital on a sick bed, surrounded by a sea of white walls and machines, with a tube inserted through my nose and windpipe and a drip going into my body.

The beeping of monitors echoed through the room.

I could also feel the weight of bandages and medical tape on my hands. I scowl in confusion, unable to recall how I got here.

My mind raced with questions, but the answers remained frustratingly out of reach.

I struggled to stand up but flinched back into the bed as I groaned in sharp pain.

As my memory began to return, I felt a wave of confusion and disorientation wash over me.

Wait, I recalled being shot by either my father or Scott, but Ren saved me. When I look at the arm where I was shot, there is no wound visible, however, both of my hands are bandaged.

As I was struggling to come to terms with my situation, a lady dressed in scrub, holding some files entered the room.

Her kind eyes and soft smiles offer a small glimmer of comfort amid my confusion and pain.

"Hey, you're awake," She marvels as she approaches me while I tried to sit up again.

"Gently," She mumbles as she rushes to assist me in sitting up.

"How did I get here?" I enquire as she lays the tips of her first and second fingers on the inside of my wrist, softly pressing against the pulse.

"You have been unconscious for 20 hours as a result of alcohol poisoning," She explains, and I mouth WTF!

"So I didn't get shot?" I respond, and she stares at me in confusion.

"You probably hallucinated or dreamed about getting shot," She claims.

"How about Ren? Is she also here?"

"I have no idea," She answers, jotting down something I have no idea about. "There have been four women and a guy lately," She adds, and I nod alright.

They must be Olivia, Maria, Tracy, Ren, and Scott.

Thinking about Scott reminded me of how I confronted him after learning he had snitched on me.

"Finally," I suddenly hear Tracy's voice, and I slip my eyeballs to see her enter and dash toward me to hug me.

"Dude, you scared us yesterday," She says as she gives me a bear hug.

She then releases me and sits in the chair facing me while the nurse exits the room.

"How did it happen?" I asked curiously.

"You drank off the fucking vodka after you went live about your father," she said.

I interrupt her as she is speaking because it helped me recall the scenario.

"I fell and hit my hands on the broken pieces of the bottle,"

"Exactly! Thank God it's mild," She expressed. "We're worried this will put you in a coma because you've been unconscious for almost 24 hours,"

This completely convinced me that I was dreaming or having a hallucination in which Scott and my father shot me and Ren saved me.

"What about Ren? Was she here?" She gestures no with a nod in response to my query.