CHAPTER 02

Aditya was dancing surrounded by girls when someone came and put her hand on his shoulder. He turned back just to see a gorgeous tall brunette smiling back at him seductively. 

" Hey, handsome! Why don't we go somewhere?Alone?"

She whispered into his ear. Such a seductress! Adi thought in his mind. 

"Sure babe. Let's go." He gave her a known smirk.

 And suddenly she started flashing lights directly in his eyes... 

"What the hell! You bitch..... "

Adi opened his eyes jolting, only to find himself out in his bed and the sun rays directly falling on his eyes.

  Who the hell moved the curtains?!"  He groaned.

Hearing a laugh, Adi turned back to see his jerk best friend standing there, laughing.

 " What the fuck? You asshole. Why would you even do that? I swear I'd have killed you if you weren't my best friend".

 Adi groaned in displeasure.

 But irking him more Sameer kept laughing. 

" Seriously Adi? Even in sleep, you are thinking about girls! Get up. It's already 11 am. " Sameer said.

" So what ?! It's Sunday. Let me sleep. I did a lot of ' WORKOUT ' yesterday night. Adi replied, smirking.

  "You'll never change. will you?" Samir asked, being serious. 

Adi rolled his eyes hearing him talking nonsense.

" Nope, Never. I am Aditya Raj Malhotra dude. Why would I ever think of changing myself when I am living the best life of mine? "

"Chill bruh! Now you tell me how about your preparation for the date? Excited much! Aren't you?" Adi teased him. 

That was enough to spoil his best friend's mood.

 "Seriously! It's all my fault. Why did I even think of challenging you? God knows ! Now I have to tolerate that leech of a girl for the rest of the day. Ughhhh! Fuck me ". 

" Sorry dude I am straight". Adi said laughing.

" Fuck off you bastard ! ".Samir left the room angrily. 

Getting up from the bed, Adi entered the washroom to take a shower. Today he needed to go home to meet his family. He promised his mom they would have lunch together. Even though his family lived in the same city,  he had his own skyscraper apartment and it was nearer to his office.

Well, that's just an excuse. The thing was that his family won't be very pleased to see him with a random new girl almost everyday. He hoped they didn't know anything about his reckless behavior. 

But whom was he kidding?

 "I am your father, and you think you'd teach me? " Adi laughed remembering his father's words.

Every time they get into a not-so-serious banter, that was the only way for his father to tell him that he knew everything about the way Adi led his life.

'I mean it's actually not my fault, right? With a six foot height and this body and face if I settle for only one girl the others will be disappointed right? And I have a big heart .. Can't really see anyone in pain for me." 

Adi chuckled in his mind.

'Ok. Enough of self talk Adi. Let's go and meet your family. They must be waiting.'

Turning off the shower, Adi came out of the washroom to get dressed.

........

" Paro, go to the temple and collect the puja thali. Coming back, have your lunch".

  Paro's mother called her from downstairs. 

Not something new. That was the nth number of times she was told to do some work since morning. She wasn't a girl to whine about petty things but recently it took her so much time to concentrate on studying. It created a disturbance to get distracted so many times. 

Heaving a deep sigh, she stood up and started going towards her destination which was just a 10 min walking distance. 

'It's so unfair how just one incident can be potentially enough to change our lives forever. How we....' 

" Hey, bitch! So now you'd pretend like you don't even know me huh!" 

Paro got out of my trance and looked back only to find out her best friend was standing there, trying to look damn angry. Paro's mood was lifted just by seeing her.

" Oho miss Priti, I am so sorry. I didn't see you. Forgive me, queen. Pretty please.".

She played along.. 

" Ok you are forgiven." she giggled. 

" Are you going to the temple? Let's go together then." Priti exclaimed.

" Of course mam," Paro said.

" Why don't you meet me often ?! I know you want to fulfill your dream, that's why I don't force you. Otherwise, I'd have shown you who is the boss here. Got it?" 

Priti said.

Paro smiled back genuinely. 

" You know how much I love you right? You are the only one who truly understands me. I promise I'll call you so often that you'll be irritated. Give me this one year." 

" I know. I believe in you. You definitely will" Priti hugged Paro.

……………

"  I will enroll you in the best coaching center in Kolkata. The class will start within one month. I have also talked with Rajiv uncle. He has found a 1 bhk flat for you. You will stay there. Be prepared. Remember only this year."

Paro's father announced in his low deep voice at the dinner table.

 " Thank you papa. I promise I won't disappoint you this time". Paro meekly replied.

 After so many days she was finally feeling better. A new hope flickered in her mind.  Everything would be alright this year once she landed in the city.

She prayed to the superior.

Unknown to the fact that the wind she thought of as a gentle soothing breeze was a hurricane in real, which will turn her world upside down. 

••••••••••••••••

Hey, my lovely readers !!! Here's another chapter. Please let me know what you think about this chapter. And if you like the story please Like, comment, and follow my account... Love you all ❤️✨