Chapter 22

Sunlight peeking through the curtain fell upon Adi's face, disturbing his peaceful sleep. Adi stirred a little, blinking a couple of times as he tried to adjust his vision. Stretching both of his hands upwards he turned to his other side just to find an unfamiliar figure beside him, wrapped around the duvet.

In a moment realization hit him like a truck. Jolting up he sat back straight. But suddenly felt someone was hammering inside his head. Clutching his hair with fingers he let out a loud groan to tolerate the unbearable pain. 

God hangover! 

What did he do last night? He dashed out of his home and went straight to the bar. Then he drank like it was the end of the world. The girl came to him, talked, and he left with her. Then?

'Paro? Wasn't she here? He was just hallucinating? Shit! How drunk was he?' 

He didn't end up doing something he would regret, right? But why did it feel like she actually was here? He couldn't even remember anything properly.

Only the girl beside her can answer his questions.

" Wake up." He said in a bitter tone.

But no response.

" WAKE UP." His voice was louder and harsher this time. 

" Huh! What happened?" The girl gulped a little. 

' Do he remember everything from last night? ' she looked at him with pretentious innocent eyes.

" What happened last night?" Adi asked, looking straight at her. The girl blushed.

' What am I even asking?' Adi felt like slapping himself.

" I am sorry I was too drunk. Are you alright?" His voice a little bit softer.

" It's Ok. Yes I am alright ". She replied, fidgeting with her fingers.

" Hmm". Adi's reply was short.

' But why did it feel like she was here? He even confirmed that it was her. Then? Was he really hallucinating everything?' 

"umm.. " Adi cleared his throat before speaking_

" Did I call you by any other name? " He finally asked to be confirmed.

Suddenly the colour was drawn from her face. Gulping hard she tried to speak

" You? Umm.. no.. no.. you didn't ". Looking at her face one can see through her lies like broad daylight.

" Are you sure?" Adi asked again.

" Yes".

A dark chuckle left his mouth.

Within a second he yanked her by her hair and pulled her out of the bed. 

She screeched in pain and looked at him in horror. He looked like a maniac. 

As soon as her back was slammed into the wall the pain shot through her spine. She tried to hold the duvet tightly around her as if that could save her from his wrath.

" So now you want to act like a virtuous woman huh? Such a cunning woman you are! You knew everything didn't you?" Adi hissed at her.

" Wha.. what are you talking about?" She stammered, still trying to act clueless.

Wrapping his thick fingers around her throat he put more pressure than before to yank her hair. It almost burnt her scalp. He spoke in a deadly cold tone_

" Do I look like a fool huh? You knew I wasn't talking about you. You knew I was not in my senses. But still, you pretended to be someone else?" He pressed her throat harder enough for her to see stars.