Chapter 14

Coming back from her apartment Adi entered his house still whistling. He noticed his father's car parked in the garage. His brother was back from the office too as his Audi was parked in the front yard.

'So they are already back! It's a good thing that I came out of her apartment just in time. Otherwise, I had to face her aunt and family.'  

shrugging his shoulder he opened the front door and entered inside.

His whole family was sitting in the living room, talking with each other. Everyone stopped seeing him.

' Adi, you ?' his mother looked at him surprised.

' Yeah, mom! I was missing you. So just came directly from the office to see you. When did you guys come?'

' Oh just now. And you did absolutely right my child. I was missing you too'. 

Everyone exhaled seeing her affection towards her younger son. She was a tough lady indeed, but when it comes to him she seems to be lenient about a lot of things. Hugging him tightly she pecked his forehead affectionately. 

' Here we go again! Didn't you just see your son like three days ago? Stop overreacting '.

Everyone present in the room gasped dramatically hearing his father. 

' You ! .... ' Kavita looked at her husband sternly. 

' Ok ok, you guys relax. Mom loves me a little bit more. Don't be jealous dad.' 

Adi said and everyone started laughing except his father. 

'Good night everyone. I'll meet you in the morning '.

Bidding his night wishes he started climbing the stairs. 

' Wait. Where are you going?'  He stopped immediately hearing his brother. 

' In my room of course '. He replied turning back, confused why he would ask him the obvious.

' But your sis-in-law was saying you came home cause you were missing us? So you are already going to your room ?' 

' Shit! Here we go again! I didn't even remember why I came home in the first place! I mean I did but as soon as I met that person I forgot about the excuse I gave to bhabi.' 

He cursed himself in his mind. All of the pair of eyes were fixed on him, waiting for his reply.

' I... Umm... I mean you all just came back. So you must be tired right? That's why I was thinking why bother you now? Probably we can talk in the morning '. He tried to justify his action.

' You care too much Adi. Come here. Sit with us.' 

the teasing tone was quite clear in his brother's tone. But it was almost impossible for him to guess anything. He can't give him any reason to increase their doubt further. Without emitting any further words he came and sat with them.

' So how is your work going on? Your brother was saying that you have become quite attentive to your work even more than before. I was tensed seeing you bothered for some days. But it's good to hear that you are focusing on your work.' 

his father patted his back with appreciation.

He looked at his brother who was already looking at him. Adi gave him a gentle smile, thankful that he didn't tell anything about his late coming to the office on that day.

' My boys are the best. I told you so .' the pride was clear in her mother's voice.

' uncle you know I went with granny to her NGO. I have made so many friends. Everyone is so good there.'