Chapter 04

'KOLKATA 

PARO'S POV:

' Cring... cring...cring....' 

morning alarm is undoubtedly one of the most hated sounds in the whole World.

And a person like me, who isn't a morning person at all. It is just awful ! ... God knows how I managed somehow for this long!

But today is different...

 It's like I was waiting to see the morning... to feel the warmth of the sun rays...  to embrace the day. Today is the first day of my coaching class.

 I don't know if I'll make any friends or not. Not that it matters in any way. I am here to study. I'd concentrate only on that.. '

oh! It's already 6 .45 am. I got up from bed hurriedly to freshen up and take a shower.

'What to wear! Umm .. a simple kurti and jeans would do fine I guess.."  I took some time to get ready.. and went up to the 2nd floor to meet aunty. 

" Hi! Good morning!  Come come!  u woke up early btw ' aunty welcomed me smiling gently. 

"Yeah, actually this is the time I wake up generally. And also it's the first day of my class. So I don't want to be late."I said.

" That's great. Sit. I am making breakfast. Till then u have some chai.. u eat poha right?! I haven't really asked u so .." 

" I love poha ". 

 " awesome then". Here have the tea. 

Currently, I am sitting on the sofa and having my chai.. my eyes are on the newspaper kept in front of me on the table.  It's a long-time habit of mine.. to read the newspaper daily. I like to keep myself updated. And for that, I'd prefer the newspaper over the phone, at least in the morning. some people find it boring but it's ok .. people have their own preferences. 

Suddenly I heard the doorbell ringing... 

" Paro! Can you open the door for me, please? "Aunty asks me from the kitchen. 

'Yeah sure. I got it. '

' Hey! Hi .. umm is Shefali there?' A middle-aged woman standing at the door asked me. 

" Yeah! She is. Aunty is in the kitchen. Please come.." 

" Are you new here? I mean I haven't seen you ever". She asked. 

" She is the daughter of a friend of Ashish.. she is preparing for medical.. Currently she is staying on the 3rd floor".. Aunty said coming out of the kitchen.  

"Ohh so you are preparing for medical? That's great!!. so how does it feel to be an 18-year-old coming to Kolkata to study"?! She asked smiling...

Probably she noticed the hesitation on my face. 

" Did I ask something wrong?! It's ok.. I am sorry. I didn't mean to sound like an investigator though".. she said suddenly.

" No no ! It's ok. Actually I am almost 21. I didn't get to get into the medical college the first time. So I completed my b.sc.and got this one year to fulfill my dream". I said slowly embarrassed from the fact that maybe on the very first day in Kolkata  I'd end up being judged.

" Wow! That's great. U definitely will achieve whatever u want. I like the people who don't give up.." she said to my surprise. Till date, nobody has said anything like that to me except my best friend.

" Thank you". I said with adoration and respect in my eyes... 

" Btw. I am kabita aunty. We just live in the house opposite to your complex.. "