Chapter 21

" Aryan…" 

Hearing the voice all of them turned back. Adi saw Shefali, Aryan's mom standing there. Her face is gleaming with the excitement of meeting her son probably after months.

Adi shared a civilized relationship with him as he was their neighbour. Both of their mothers were friends for a long time.

He recognized him as soon as he saw his face. For a moment he felt easy realizing he is her uncle's son, but then an unsettling feeling was back as he remembered immediately they are not blood related. He is her father's friend's son. The realization only made him more restless even if possible.

Her expression made it clear how much she was comfortable with them. The realization that he wasn't a part of her comfort circle made him clench his jaw. Generally, he loved to see her smile. The way her lips curl slightly upwards making her look even more radiant. 

But now her laughing felt like a thorn prickling his skin.

He was standing there for a while but none of them even spared a glance at him, whereas his gaze was fixed on them.

" Where is your father by the way?" 

Adi got out of his trance listening to Shefali, who is now roaming her eyes throughout the room.

" Oh! He has some work. He will join us for dinner." Aryan stated.

" So all of you knew he would come! But you didn't even inform me!" Paro whined and started throwing tantrums like a kid.

" Oh, princess! I just wanted to surprise you!" Aryan playfully pulled her cheek. 

' Aunty, I have something to talk about '. Adi said in a deep, cold voice. 

" Oh of course! Where are my manners! Please take a seat. " Shefali sounded a little bit embarrassed as she almost forgot he was standing there too. 

Adi mentally rolled his eyes. The least he wanted at the time was to hear her blabbering.

" It's fine. Can you please come to this side?" Adi asked Shefali, bringing a robotic smile to his face.

Going to a side he asked her the stupid question his mom sent him to know.

But it seemed like she didn't have any idea about it. Adi was about to take a leave when he heard a voice from behind,

" Chocolate". 

Turning back, Adi saw the boy, he started despising all of a sudden.

" She loves chocolate cake." Aryan again repeated.

Of course, he knows what she likes!

All of a sudden Adi wanted to wrap his fingers around his throat. Oh! How much he will love to block the air supply to see his eyes bulging out and tearing up begging for mercy! 

A chuckle left his mouth at his own sadistic thought.

" Ok " giving a short reply he took a glance at her, turned his head, and walked away.

" Mom! Why will they do the arrangement for Paro's birthday? " Aryan asked his mom, whispering. His brows knitted in confusion.

" Kavita insisted on helping me out with the arrangements. I wanted to deny but seeing her enthusiasm I chose not to. Paro has built a strong connection with her in this short time." She smiled.

Aryan nodded his head in understanding. He hasn't seen her for the last four years. How much he missed his childhood buddy. He couldn't wait to meet her when he heard she was in Kolkata. As soon as his semester ended he came straight home, coincidentally at the time of her birthday.