Chapter 45

"Wh . Where are we going? Where are you taking me?"

She shouted for her life. Without saying a word, Adi only increased the speed of the car as an answer.

 The car halted near a skyscraper and she was forcefully pulled inside the building. Within a moment she found herself in the lift and in no time she entered into an apartment.

 The atmosphere grew heavy with unspoken tension. Paro stood there, her drenched silhouette a stark contrast against the dimly lit room. She tried to collect herself, to find the strength to act, her mind racing with possibilities.

The rain continued to beat against the windows, its incessant rhythm mimicking the turmoil within Adi's heart. Paro's entire being trembling with fear. She stepped back as Adi's rage consumed him.

As Adi turned away momentarily, she seized the opportunity, her body moving with an urgency she had never known.

But within seconds she was pulled back to his chest with full force. She found herself in this unwanted situation numerous times. But today she was more scared than ever before. There was no one to save her. She was in an unknown place. In his territory. 

Her mouth felt dry when she felt one of his hands brushing her cheeks lightly. 

Adi's grip around her waist tightened fiercely, his fingers dug into her skin as he seethed with anger. "Did he hold you like this?" he whispered, his intense voice dripping with venom. The intensity of his touch conveyed his rage, overpowering any semblance of tenderness.

His words sliced through the air, each one laced with hatred.

 "Did he touch your lips while feeding the cake? Did his fingers linger there?" Adi's voice trembled with fury as he relived the imagined scene, jealousy consuming him.

The rage burned in his eyes as he continued,

 "Did he smash the cake on your cheeks hmm? , pretending to be friendly?" 

His tone sounded sadistic, fueled by his desire to hurt Paro with his words.

A sinister grin twisted Adi's face as he leaned in closer, His lips leaving wet kisses all over her cheeks. Suddenly his fingers held her cheek strong enough to make her lips plucked.

 "Did he lick it off your cheek, tasting your sweetness amidst this sickening display?" 

His words dripped with disgust as if the mere thought sent waves of repulsion through him.

Paro trembled under his menacing presence, her fear palpable. The humiliation was too much to take. 

" No, he didn't… he didn't. Stop it. Please." She begged, not being able to take it anymore. Tears of shame came out from her closed eyes.  

 It was a terrifying dance, a battle between their souls, as Paro desperately sought a way to quell the darkness to make herself free.

His lips curled into a malicious smile seeing her misery. 

" Did the bastard propose to you then? Did he make any pathetic attempt to look at what's mine?" 

Adi spat, hoping to hear a no as an answer. But as he saw her suddenly gulped in fear looking here and there, his expert eyes understood everything. 

 In a fit of uncontrollable anger, he threw the vase with full force on the ground, shattering it into pieces. 

" I knew it! I FUCKING KNEW IT! 

How dare he! How dare he think that he could get you? You must have given him a signal. Didn't you?" 

Within a second she was the center of his wrath. As he lunged forward, Paro's heart pounded in her chest, her mind racing with a mix of panic and desperation. She instinctively knew she had to escape this volatile situation.