Chapter 42

Adi started walking in her direction but halted after hearing a voice from behind.

" Mr.Aditya Raj Malhotra! I feel you are in need of some company. Want me to join you?" The woman said in a lush smooth voice.

Without even turning around, Adi knew who it was! Suddenly his mood went bitter. Frowning, he turned to face the woman standing in front of him, clad in a shimmering silver gown.

" What do you want, Kiara?" Adi asked straight forward, without bushing around.

" Oho! Looks like Mr.Malhotra isn't in a very good mood at his own party hmm?"

She took a step in his direction, already invading his personal space. Her smokey eyes with hidden meaning were looking at him straightly.

Adi couldn't help but feel irritated by Kiara, the girl seemed determined to get closer to him despite his disinterest.

Kiara, even after knowing everything, constantly found excuses to strike up conversations with him.

'Seems like she has already digested the last insult.'

Adi thought, frustrated by her persistent attempts.

Taking a deep breath he held one of her hands in his strong grip but careful not to let anyone understand what was going on,

"Listen Kiara. You are a mere employee of our company. If I have to say respectfully a guest, my father's friend's daughter.

That's it. That's your only identity to me.

So it's up to you whether you want to protect your self respect. Or watch me stripping you naked out of your last bit of dignity by my grave insult.

I mean I won't mind putting in extra entertainment for my guests."

The cruel smirk adoring his lips proved that he wasn't lying.

Kiara gulped, lowering her gaze, and distanced herself from Adi as soon as he let her go.

" Trust me, Kiara, you don't want to mess with me."

Adi uttered the last words, gritting his teeth, and left in his direction, hoping it would be enough to deter her advances.

Again as Adi's gaze met Paro's, he felt an electric current surge through his veins. A whirlwind of emotions engulfed him.

To his surprise she was looking in his direction, frowning.

Adi felt a wave of happiness hit him discovering he got her attention, without even asking for it.

But why was she even frowning though?

Oh, wait! Did she see him talking to Kiara?

Was she by any chance jealous!

Adi couldn't wait to find out.

" Busy?"

again a voice stopped him at his place.

"You have no concept of time, do you? Always interrupting me whenever I'm about to do something worthwhile,"

Adi said, clearly annoyed.

Turning around, he found Sameer standing there, holding a glass of wine.

Sameer looked bewildered, unable to comprehend the accusation. He shrugged his shoulders and took a sip from his glass.

"What did I do? And where's your family by the way?" Sameer asked, genuinely puzzled.

Sameer's words triggered a realization in Adi, who had been lost in his own world until then.

"Oh, right, family. Um... I don't know. I haven't seen them yet," Adi confessed, suddenly aware of his neglect.