Chapter 51

Avi entered the room, trying his best to keep his expression neutral. Paro stilted for a moment while Bidisha looked sadly at her husband. 

"Bidisha, get ready. We need to go to the party." Avi said in a monotonous tone. Bidisha nodded in agreement and stood up. Paro was still sitting on the bed, her head hung low. 

Would he suspect something? Bidisha was surely gonna tell him. How would he react? All of those questions hindered her mind.  She didn't want to meet anyone's gaze.

" Paro, will you attend the party?" Avi decided to directly address her.

" I.. Yes. I'll." Paro replied positively, even though she had no energy left in her body to face Adi.

Avi thought for a moment before speaking,

" Listen to me. I think you should go home and take a rest. You don't need to go over there." 

Avi tried to sound gentle. The girl looked exhausted. Avi knew it wouldn't be a very good idea to let her face Adi for now. They would look after the matter later.

Listening to him, Bidisha and Paro both diverted their gaze upon Avi. They weren't sure why Avi would suggest something like this. Did he hear them? Avi looked at Bidisha with a knowing look. With that one gaze, she understood everything. 

She went to Paro and sat in front of her.

" Avi is right. You need rest. We will manage. Go take some rest." Bidisha assured her with a gentle smile. 

Paro smiled at both of them meekly and stood up. They all were so good to her. She wasn't habituated to be treated so gently. Not for a long time. Only if all of their family members were the same! She felt her emotions betraying her. Eyes glistened with unshed tears.

" Thank you," Paro uttered those two words, particularly to no one. With a last look at them, she retreated from the room.

……………

Adi's enthusiasm was contagious as he drove the car, unable to contain his excitement. He couldn't help but smile from ear to ear, his eyes gleaming with thrill. He kept blabbering to Sameer, unable to control the surge of emotions that were rushing through his mind. If it was any other day, Sameer would have been the happiest for his best friend. Since childhood, he rarely saw Adi this happy. But the truth he got to know this evening, filled his mind with dread. He feared that the revelation would shatter Adi's world and he couldn't even think about what that poor girl had to endure. 

How could she be this stupid to lie to Adi? She didn't know him at all. But Sameer did. And that didn't let him sit quietly at all. 

" What have you been thinking since then?" Adi asked Sameer, notificing the zoned out face of his friend. 

" Huh? Nothing. I was just thinking how you are forgetting me after getting a girlfriend. I think our previous life was better. No? Let's go back to that wild Adi again. This lovey dovey image doesn't suit you. Let's forget that girl. What  say?" 

Sameer said lightly as if joking. But deep down in his mind, he just wanted to see his reaction. 

Adi's expression suddenly transformed into a serious one. His features hardened, reflecting the fire burning within him, 

" I can't do it. I will never do it. She is my possession, the person who made me feel love, She's the center of my world. I'm obsessed with her, consumed by her presence," his voice thick with raw emotions.

" And now that she loves me too," 

He took a deep breath, a satisfactory smile plastered onto his lips,