Chapter 41

The setting sun cast a warm golden hue across the city as Ishita and Paro sat in her apartment, preparing for the much-anticipated Malhotra's party. Ishita's eyes gleamed with excitement, and her heart filled with the anticipation of a glamorous evening. 

Paro, however, sat on the edge of the bed, her face clouded with mixed emotions, remembering the hurt Adi had caused her just the other day.

She couldn't believe what her life had become! Why did she come here and what was she doing? 

Being a mere plaything for an obnoxious bastard! 

"Paro." Hearing Ishita's voice she had to reign in her mind. 

" Oho! Get ready first. I ditched Rishabh and my uncle just because I wanted to go with you. I am damn excited to be at that party. 

I have heard so much about Malhotra's party but I never got a chance to go there. I only heard stories from Rishabh. 

Can't believe I didn't even know them a few months ago. But now it feels like I have known them for years." 

Excitement was dripping from her voice.  

Paro looked at her blankly. She could clearly see the admiration in her friend's eyes for Adi. The same friend who told her to maintain distance from that man now became an admirer of him after that fateful evening in that school. 

But what would she do if she got to know what he did to her? 

Would she still be a fangirl or 

would raise her voice in her friend's favor? 

 She didn't know.

" Paro, come on. Hurry up." Ishita almost shouted.

" Yeah. Wait for a few minutes." Paro stood up from her place and left the room with the dress she had to wear. 

After a few minutes, adorned in a fabulous chocolate-colored gown that clung to her curves, she again entered the room. 

Ishita's eyes widened with awe, 

she couldn't help but ask,

 "Paro, where did you get that marvelous gown? It's simply breathtaking."

Paro's somber expression became even more gloomy hearing Ishita. She gulped a little, taking time to think of an answer. She didn't want to tell her who exactly gave her this dress. She didn't want to tell her how she was ordered to be wrapped in this expensive gown to look like an expensive object.

" Wear it tomorrow evening. I have personally bought it for you. You would look ravishing in it." 

Was the words he whispered when he gave her the gift yesterday evening.

Gift? 

Could you even call it one when your tormentor was the one who gave it?

" Papa brought it."

 Paro came up with the best convincing answer.

" Wow! It's so damn beautiful. You are such a lucky girl!" Ishita giggled.

Paro wanted to laugh out loud hearing her. 

Lucky! That she was. 

With parents who had no amount of trust in her, who had already distanced themselves from her a long ago, 

and now her newly found tormentor

Yes. She definitely was lucky.

She didn't even get herself to feel bad when her parents left yesterday. She felt more relaxed if she had to be honest.