Chapter 33

Adi left the house in fury. Banging hard with his fist on a nearby wall he hopped in the driver's seat and closed the door with a thud. The heavy engine harshly rambled as he sped away with his car.

He couldn't trust his own self. Spending one more minute with her, he would have ended up hurting her again.

But she brought it on herself. The girl is an ill mannered rebel. To date, he kept taking her disrespect lightly. He even found her tantrums cute. But now it was getting annoying. He needs to take her fully under his control before it's too late.

He still couldn't comprehend how she could reject him.

HIM!

She kept telling him that he was proud and arrogant but in reality when she was the one.

He planned so much for the evening but she had to ruin it all.

Couldn't she appreciate the effort he was putting in?

He just hoped she would soon realize his love. Otherwise, he had to use his twisted ways and surely she'd not like it.

............

Sameer checked the time on his wristwatch while waiting for the signal to turn green impatiently. He roamed his eyes outside lazily. Suddenly his eyes caught an Audi R8 that sped past his car whirling a pool of dust without any care of the red signal.

He could hear the profanities some people were throwing at the driver because of his reckless driving. It took his mind only a few seconds to realize the car belonged to his best friend.

Adi!

'Wasn't he supposed to propose to her today?' Sameer asked himself.

Seeing Adi's excitement he didn't take the liberty to make him aware of the real circumstances.

He wanted to tell him to be more patient with her, something his friend totally lacked. Not that he was going to hear him anyway.

But now he was quite sure that the date didn't go well for Adi, unsurprisingly.

Then something struck in his mind. Wasn't Adi supposed to drop her at her place first? Why did he come this way?

Now he really wanted to know the depth of the situation. His sixth sense was telling him something wasn't right. Debating with his mind for a minute or two, Sameer took a U-turn to go to Adi's farmhouse.

Yes, Adi told him in the morning that was the place he decided to take her to.

.......

Dipping her head in between her knees Paro was sitting like a statue. Strangely her mind was less on the impulsive behavior of her tormentor and more on hating her own self.

Her anger and frustration were at the moon for allowing all of these to happen to her. For not being strong enough to protect herself.

How pathetic and weak she was! Her confusion and self disgust were crawling under her skin making her feel miserable. She started rubbing one of her hands harshly with the other palm to get rid of the feelings.

Sameer who was standing near the doorstep felt pathetic seeing her condition. He was watching her for the last five minutes but somehow couldn't gather the courage to approach her.

But seeing she was rubbing her hands like a madman he couldn't wait anymore. Slowly he started taking steps toward her, careful not to make her scared.

He pretended to cough to make her aware of his presence.

Paro became stiff hearing a manly voice.