Chapter 08

' Paro! You are late. You were gone for a while. Come come. Have your breakfast. ' Her aunty said. 

' Actually aunty, I already had breakfast at their house. I didn't want to but they were pursuing me so I thought it won't look good if I leave without having breakfast '. Paro explained the situation to her.

' No no, you did absolutely right. So what they said after having your dish ?' Her aunt asked with enthusiasm. 

' They all were so kind. They complimented it even though it was of average level.'

' That's rubbish. It was awesome '. Now you go. Take a bath and study. Ok?' 

' yes, aunty. She left to her room'.

 She smiled to herself remembering all of their kind words. After coming to the city she has met so many kind people.

She felt that it's a misconception that the people living in a big city have a small heart. Till now she hasn't met anyone like that. Though she was not a person to be intimated easily but it was their kind behaviour toward her mostly that made her feel something.

Throughout her 20+ years of life, she hardly met anyone kind and genuine to her. But her friends in coaching, uncle, aunt, Kavita aunty's whole family all are so good! Talking about her family she felt a little bit uncomfortable seeing her grumpy son.

The way he was constantly looking at her as if he would throw her out of his house if he would have gotten the chance. The food was so good but she couldn't even have her breakfast peacefully. His constant gaze was making her nervous. No wonder when he complimented her dish, she was surprised at first. Maybe he said it out of formality. 

She knows that he accidentally touched her feet, but it was so sudden she can't help being choked on her food. 

Her thinking got halted as her phone started ringing.

' Hey, where were you? I called you twice before. But you didn't even receive.'

' Sorry Ishita, I wasn't in my room. I just got back here.'

' It's ok. So how's your preparation? '

Preparation of what ?' Paro frowned.

' Don't tell me you don't remember that today we have test ! '

Shit! Paro cursed herself in her mind. Of course, she remembered but within the last few hours, she had totally forgotten. 

' Yeah. It's of decent level I think '. She replied back to her friend.

' That's great. But don't forget that you promised me today we'll go to a place of my choice after the exam.'

' But ..'

' No buts Paro. Come on. It's a roadside restaurant but the taste of food can easily compete with any lavish restaurant and I promise that you'll love it .' 

' Ok, we will go. Now bye. I'll be late .see you '

Keeping the phone down she hurried toward the bathroom.

.........

' How far is it Ishita? I am really tired. And it's almost evening. '

' Oho, it's not that far. Trust me you'll thank me after having the food. Now come on'. 

Paro went with her reluctantly. Nowadays she doesn't feel like going outside without any proper reason. All she wanted at that time was to go to her room and engulf her bed with love. But after seeing her friend's enthusiasm she couldn't say no. She was a good company though. 

Taking a taxi they went on towards their destination.

.....

' Adi, aren't you smiling too much today? So what's the reason behind your happiness?' Sameer asked Adi suspiciously.

' What do you mean? Can't I even feel happy without any proper reason? And what's it with you all the time spying on me and questioning me now and then? Fuck off !  '

Sameer chuckled lightly listening to him. 

' Ok ok. Then tell me when are we leaving for the club? It's Sunday remember?' 

'I am not in the mood of going to the club. Let's visit our old place. Remember the time when we used to go to that restaurant sometimes? Let's go there.'

'Adi we go to a lot of restaurants. So tell me which one?' 

' No no. Not those lavish restaurants. The one where we used to go sometimes during our school days, that roadside restaurant '.

' ohoho! How many surprises I am yet to get on a single day from you Adi? You and roadside restaurant?! Are you sure? I mean whenever we, moreover like I dragged you there you hardly ate anything. So what's it with you today?' 

Sameer couldn't stop feeling surprised. He was dropping bombs since morning one after another. And his best friend's behaviour becoming too much for him to digest.

'You know that I am health conscious. That's the only reason I wasn't very fond of eating those unhealthy foods. But today I freed myself from all my restrictions. So if you don't want to come. It's ok. I'll go all alone. Adi left taking the car key without even waiting for his friend's reply. 

' Hey wait! I'll go too. I can never say no to the food '. Sameer rushed after him too.

While his friend was driving, Adi was lost in his own world. He didn't know why he felt like suddenly going there. But since morning he was in an all-happy mood and wanted to break all of his own restrictions. So the first thing that came to his mind was going to that particular restaurant. He had tried a few dishes there two to three times in the past because Sameer forced him. He hated to admit at that time that it was really good. ! Now talking about the food his mind again went on to that one girl. 

While leaving his house his eyes went on to the building on another side of the road by itself. But to his disappointment her room was dark. Yes, he got to know what her room was. And it's in the exact opposite direction of his own room! The girl, making him feel so restless, was so close to him all the time but he had no idea!  

That sweet dish made by a sweeter girl and...damn! was it tasty! 

He can only imagine how the cook of the food will taste! He chuckled at his own dark thoughts. 

His friend saw it all but decided against saying anything about it. 

' We are here '. Adi got out of his daze listening to his friend. 

'Let's go, bro! What are we waiting for? '

While his friend was ordering their food Adi was standing outside looking at the surroundings. It's been a while since he has come to this part of the city. It's always either his own apartment or house or office, on weekends at any nightclub and on vacations to any European country.

It's always the same, revolves in a monotonous cycle. It's not that he is complaining. His life is colourful. Just perfect. He has everything anybody can ever wish for. 

While his eyes were roaming around they fell on two girls coming in his direction, one all chirpy, enthusiastic other one a little bit reluctant. He was about to look away until he saw a particular girl he knew all too well!

   ••••••••••

like , comment and follow my account.  PLEASE!!!!

THANK YOU.❤️