Chapter 09

.......He was about to look away until he saw a particular girl he knows all too well!

What is she doing here?

 Is she here for him? 

But how does she know that he is here?

 As the distance started reducing between them, he felt his heartbeat rising once again. His mind was calculating all types of possibilities for her to be here. But bursting all of his predictions they went on inside the restaurant directly. Her friend hurriedly and she behind her, taking time. As she was crossing his side, a smell of lavender hit his nose. Shutting his eyes he took a deep breath to consume the smell as much as possible. As if he wanted to embed it into his brain and mind.

And just like that, the smell was gone. Opening his eyes he couldn't see her anymore. A certain wave of disappointment hit him when he remembered how she didn't even acknowledge his presence as if she didn't even notice him! 

Maybe she didn't, but still, he was angry with himself for how his prediction went wrong that she was here to meet him. 

Of course, she was there to have food with her friend. But wasn't it amazing how on the exact same day he decided to come here after so many years, she showed up too? 

Was it just an amazing rare coincidence or a sign of the universe?!

' Ok !! so Aditya Raj Malhotra now started believing in these shitty boring things too ?! Like universe and all huh ?! ' His subconscious mind again taunted him. 

Jerking his head he went inside the restaurant.

Entering inside he can feel a lot of eyes on him. As if people like him weren't expected into a place like that. 'Makes sense ! ' he thought smirking. 

But currently, he was searching for only one person. But instead of one, he saw three figures talking to each other, two of them are his closest well the second one didn't even know that. Without wasting time he went to join them. 

' So you are saying that you have come here for the very first time? What a beautiful coincidence! We have come here after years too! the food is really good here.' Adi can hear his best friend talking with his object of interest and her friend. 

' See I told you too'. 

Adi saw her friend was quick to take the credit for bringing her here which she definitely deserved at least from him. He least expected her to show up here that's too at the same time as him.

But Paro seemed to focus on a specific word.

' We? You mean you haven't come alone?' she asked frowning a little.

' No, he didn't. I am here too. ' Paro heard a deep husky voice from behind. 

' Hey, Adi look who is here! What a pleasant surprise no?' Sameer joined in more like tried to tease him.

But Adi seemed to focus on a different thing. He didn't miss how she suddenly became conscious of her surroundings. Till then she was all smiling and talking with Sameer but as soon as he joined in, her friendly behaviour was gone.

He also didn't like how his friend tried to take the charge of reintroducing them as if he was the 3rd person there! What was it with her that she seemed comfortable around his friend but not with him? They just met today only, at least officially, but it seems like she already doesn't like him. An unknown bitter feeling starts spreading throughout his chest.

' Surprise? Indeed!' Adi replied back to Sameer's previous comment when he realized that they all were waiting for him to say something.

But the situation became more awkward with his reply.

' Umm, can we order food? I am really hungry!' Ishita seemed to take the charge to make the situation lighter. 

' Yeah yeah me too. Let's go ' Sameer joined in.

Soon they all took up their seats. Shortly after they ordered their food silence engulfed the place again.

' So how do you know each other?' Adi asked the girls seating in front of them.

' Actually, we are in the same coaching preparing for medical entrance. Do you know the famous one on Bison St.? That one. And we ....' before Ishita can keep her blabbering intact Paro pinched her lightly. Ishita realized whoever those boys were, her friend wasn't very comfortable sharing personal information so she stopped, smiling awkwardly.

Adi understood the whole scenario but said nothing. He wanted to know more about her but seemed like she was in no mood to let her friend do that. But at least he got to know where she studies.

Shortly after the food arrived they started eating. Paro can again feel his heated gaze on her but didn't say anything. This time she decided that she won't let him intimidate her. 

Maybe she was overthinking and he had nothing against her ?! I mean they just met today morning right? So what could she possibly do for him to get angry with her?! , she surely was exaggerating. Without thinking much she tried to concentrate on her food.

After they were done the boys were pursuing to pay the bill but she was very strict with her saying that they can pay for their own selves. They weren't even close so it definitely doesn't seem right to let them pay for themselves too. 

'Ok. So we will leave now. Nice meeting you again. Bye'.

Smiling lightly Sameer waved them back. 

 Taking her friend's hand into her she was about to leave the place, but suddenly felt her wrist was caught into a strong grip by someone and her step halted.  Looking back she came face to face with a familiar person. She was puzzled by this type of behavior of him.

Giving her a questioning look even before she can ask him about his action, his deep voice spoke out,

"SORRY".

                •••••••

 Thanks to all who vote, comment and have decided to follow my account.❤️

Thank you all ❤️.

Keep supporting ✨