Chapter 49

" Yes, Adi. I'll be your girlfriend." her voice laced with a hint of both surrender and deceit.

Adi froze in his place. What did he just hear?  He always wanted her to understand his love, his passion for her.

 But acceptance? All of a sudden out of nowhere. Did she really mean it? 

" What did you just say?" He asked again with a dead serious face. His heart was running at an inhuman speed. 

"I…." Paro trailed off. 

" I said repeat." He ordered, leaving no place for an argument. 

" I said yes. Yes Adi, I want to be your girlfriend."  the words spilled from Paro's lips.

His dark eyes were hooded with suspicion. She won't dare to play him. Would she? 

Adi looked deeply into her brown orbs, his eyes narrowing with suspicion as he listened to Paro's unexpected response. Her words, though seemingly compliant, ignited a spark of doubt within him. His voice carried a warning as he repeated, 

"What game are you playing Paro? You'll not dare to double-cross me. Will you?"

Paro's nervous smile faltered for a moment, but she quickly composed herself, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. Her gaze met his, her eyes filled with a blend of uncertainty and calculated vulnerability.

 "No game, Adi," she replied, her voice soft but determined. 

"I've come to realize that no matter how hard I try, I'll never get rid of you. I accept, I didn't like the way you behaved with me. Yes, your way of showing love is different.  But you are right. No one can love me like you do. 

So today, I finally made up my mind. I've thought long and hard before arriving at this decision."

His gaze scrutinized her every word and gesture. He searched for any sign of deceit, his mind wrestling with conflicting emotions. 

Paro sensed his lingering disbelief, and with a shaky voice, she continued her charade, desperation seeping into her words.

" Trust me Adi, I had to fight with myself for a while before making this decision. But If you don't trust me then I think we shouldn't…." Paro lowered her gaze as if hurt by his suspicion. 

" No. I trust you." He gave her a broad smile, his eyes twinkling with emotions. 

 Adi let go of his suspicions, convinced by her words. The possibility of his desires finally being fulfilled overwhelmed his better judgment.

A smile crept across Adi's face, his eyes gleaming with an intoxicating mix of satisfaction and possessiveness. He had always believed that Paro would eventually succumb to his desires, that she was destined to be his. The thrill of triumph coursed through his veins, fueling an inner happiness that bordered on maniacal.

It's happening! He got what he wanted for the longest time. Finally, she couldn't resist him either! 

 In a rush of euphoria, Adi embraced her tightly, a mixture of possessiveness and passion, his grip an ironclad declaration of their twisted bond.

Burying his head into the slender column of her neck he took a deep breath to fill his nostrils with her signature smell. She smelled like a mixture of lavender, sandalwood, and citrus. 

He didn't know if it was because she finally accepted him, but she smelled more heavenly today. More irresistible. 

He was delighted to notice she didn't try to shove him off. Didn't fight him. Yes, she didn't reciprocate the hug. But she would. Very soon.