Chapter 30

Buttoning up his shirt Adi ran his fingers through his hair and left the room. While descending the stairs he stopped halfway seeing the person at the front.

Adi looked at him with a blank face.

" Adi bro.. did you see sissy?" Aryan asked him, still roaming his gaze around to get a glimpse of her.

Adi frowned listening to Aryan. 

Sissy? Means sister? Does he have a sister too? He didn't know that.

" Do you have a sister too?" He asked, confused.

" Oh! I mean Paro. We are childhood buddies but she is like my sister. Mom is searching for her but God knows where she is." Aryan ended up giving him a detailed answer that he didn't ask for. 

But his mind was stuck at one word, sister.

Adi felt a sudden gush of relief hit him empting the burden of his chest. 

' She is like a sister to him!'  Adi thought in his mind, delighted. 

All this time he kept blaming her for nothing. But how would he know that they don't like each other romantically? 

Sister or not he didn't like how she was so comfortable with him. 

How she didn't flinch or become stiff every time Aryan touched her and how she reciprocated his gesture with the same intensity.

Didn't he deserve the same? She was comfortable with everyone except him. Wasn't it natural for him to be annoyed by her constant insolence? 

But now that he knew she had no one in her life he would treat her better. It's just a matter of one more day. Once she accepts his proposal he will treat her like a queen.

His heart thudded in excitement.

" Oh there she is." Adi was pulled out of her trance by Aryan's voice. 

Following his gaze he saw ' Her' coming in their direction. Adi wasn't sure if she saw him. She seemed to be lost in her own world.

" Paro, were you crying?" Aryan hurriedly went to her. 

Then only she noticed him and the person he was standing with. Adi could feel her becoming conscious in his presence. 

" No.. no I wasn't. I am just tired. Can you take me home?" She asked him almost pleadingly.

Adi clenched his jaw seeing her situation but said nothing.

" Are you sure?" Aryan asked again. But taking a look at her face he decided against asking anything more. 

" Ok I will. But first let's have dinner. Mom was searching for you." He completed his sentence.

Paro meekly nodded and went with him followed by Adi.

…….

" Hey, what have you two been talking about since then?"

 Bidisha asked Pritha and Vivaan. The two kids were more focused gossiping with each other about some topic others had no idea about.

" Nothing mom." Pritha said, trying to stop her mischief laughter. But hearing Vivaan both of them again started giggling.

" Pritha". Bidisha again said in a warning tone.

" Pipi, Are you going to be my aunt?" Pritha asked, looking at Paro completely ignoring her mom's warning.

Paro almost choked on her food. She looked at both of the kids with horrified eyes. All looked at them bewildered including Adi. He still wasn't sure if he heard it right. But judging everyone's expression he was sure he heard it right indeed. Instead of getting angry he chuckled a little but soon covered it coughing.

" Why would you say something like that Pritha? See you are making her feel uncomfortable."  Kavitha told her grandchild without going into depth of her words. 

" My friend, Anny. " She pointed to a girl of her age sitting in the distance, having dinner with others.

Immediate recognition hit Paro as soon as she saw the child. It's the same girl who saw her with Adi in the room.

 Did she tell Pritha and Vivaan everything?

 How much had she seen? 

Pritha and Vivaan also saw them in the bathroom. Will they tell them everything? 

What if everyone thinks she is the one to be blamed? 

Her heart sank thinking of all of the possibilities. 

Adi was enjoying the situation but decided to interfere seeing her pale face. She was probably feeling uncomfortable.

" Mom! You know kids na? They can be really mischievous sometimes". Adi rolled his eyes. 

" Pritha, I think you don't want any gift this month. Do you?" Adi asked, maintaining a serious expression.

This seemed to work as Pritha quickly gave her whole concentration on her food along with Vivaan. 

Paro tried to wipe off her non existing sweat on forehead. She had already lost her appetite and couldn't wait to go home.

………

She was sitting for the last 30 minutes on her bed like a statue, looking at a distance. All she wanted was a normal simple life with no drama. But here, day by day she was getting entangled into a mess she didn't even create. She was about to lay down when her phone started ringing. 

Unknown number. Battling with her mind for a few seconds she decided to pick it up. Hoping it would be anyone except that one person.

" Hello!" 

A deep low voice came from the other side.

Of course it had to be the person she despised the most. 

" What do you want?" She asked in a cold tone without even bothering to ask him where he got her number.

" Nothing baby, for now. I was just checking if you remember about our meeting tomorrow. Don't forget or else…" 

" I know." Without letting him complete she hung up the call and switched off the phone. 

What had she gotten herself into?

                      •••••••••••••

Chapter is short. So I will update another one tomorrow.

Thank you all for your love and support ❤️.