Chapter 34

Brushing the hair for one last time Paro let it fall on both sides of her shoulders. Keeping down the hairbrush on the dressing table she looked at her image in the mirror.

" Coming ". She bolted towards the door hearing the bell. 

"Wow, girl! Are you sure you are not the one performing.?" Ishita teased her while entering inside. 

" Shut up. Look at you too." Paro rolled her eyes. 

Both of them ended up laughing together.

 After that eventful day, Paro hardly left her room last week. She even missed her classes for the first two days. 

Today she had to go to Vivaan's school for their cultural program. Pritha and Vivaan both were over the moon about their performance. She couldn't turn them down seeing their enthusiasm. 

Paro asked Ishita for once and she was more than ready to join them. It turned out she was in the same school and didn't want to miss the chance to relive their happening cultural fest.

"Let's go. Everyone's waiting." Both of them took the elevator to come to the ground floor.

…..

" Mommy, where are uncle and papa?" Pritha asked her mom as all of them were about to get into the car. Paro became stiff after hearing about the person she never wanted to see anymore.

" Papa will go directly from the office. Uncle may not join us. Now hurry up. Get into the car." Bidisha told her daughter. 

Pritha reluctantly got into the car. She wanted her favourite uncle to be there. He was her biggest cheerleader. On the other hand, Paro heaved a sigh of relief. 

" Paro and Ishita, come with us," Bidisha said lovingly. 

" But Aryan and Vivaan… '' Paro trailed off.

" It's ok. Mom will join them. All of us will reach at the same time." Bidisha replied.

" Yes pipi.. please join us." Pritha pleaded. Without exchanging any words both of them get into the back seat.

…….

" Paro, can you join me in the washroom?" Ishita asked Paro who was busy fixing Pritha's dress backstage.

" It's ok. I am going. You come after you are done." Ishita went out seeing her busy. 

After almost five minutes Paro was done when she remembered Ishita asked her to join. But she should have been back by now. 

Frowning, Paro started taking steps toward the washroom. The feeling of being watched again consumed her. Now she didn't even know if she was being paranoid or if someone actually was keeping eyes on her. Roaming her eyes around she couldn't find anyone. She started walking hurriedly in her direction. 

…….

" Leave me.. you jerk…" 

Ishita almost cried out in panic and tried coming out of the person's vice-like grip. The man was a foot taller than her and even in his drunken state, he was far stronger than her. 

As soon as he captured her lips with his rough ones she felt like puking.

" What the…" Paro screamed horrified seeing the scene unfolding in front of her. "You scoundrel!  leave her ." She bolted towards their direction. Gripping his hair with both of her hands she tried to separate him from her friend. 

Turning him around she punched him as hard as possible, straight pointing at his nose. 

" You bitch." The drunkard hissed at him.