Chapter 19

A while ago:

Entering the bathroom Adi stood under the shower. Brushing his hair with fingers he stood under the shower and closed his eyes, waiting for the water to drench him completely. He badly needs that to calm his mind down. 

But nothing came out except the sound of the air trapped inside the pipeline. Knitting the eyebrows together he tapped the shower and twisted the handle in both ways but nothing happened.

Adi punched the wall, frustrated. Nothing was going on in his favor. It seemed like everyone and everything was plotting against him. Coming out of the bath chamber he closed the glass door with full force. 

Peeping in the corridor he found no one there. Without minding to put more clothes he went towards the common bathroom in a towel, covering his lower abdomen.

Present:

Entering the bathroom Adi was about to go straight to the shower but stopped seeing someone in front of the mirror. Feeling his presence at the same time she turned back to only get her gaze locked with him.

" You?" Adi was stunned. 

To meet her at an unexpected place and time wasn't something new for him. But this was too much to fathom!

" Hey! Long time no see. How are you, Paro?"
Adi asked her in a funky tone.

" Yeah, I am good. " She smiled awkwardly, without meeting his eyes. 

She wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. The last thing she wanted was to be in the same place with him when he is standing there half naked. That's too in the bathroom!

Adi soon realized what was going on in her mind. Taking slow steps towards her standing almost too close for her liking. Bending slightly over her frame he whispered in her ear,

" Like what you see?" 

" huh?" 

Paro stared at the mirror hearing his voice with bulging eyes. She can see an arrogant smirk plastered on his face.

" Weren't you checking yourself out in the mirror? So did you like what you saw?" He chuckled.

" No, I wasn't. I was just thinking about something else. Sometimes facing yourself in front of the mirror helps you to understand reality better. I'd suggest you try it for yourself probably."

 Turning back she replied to him. Her eyes fixed on his.

" Ohoho! That's some deep shit huh! Nice." 

Adi said in a mocking tone.

Paro mentally rolled her eyes. She knew he was talking about himself when he asked whether she liked what she saw. But when she asked of course he had to twist his words again! What else can be expected from an arrogant jerk like him?

She wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. But Adi, standing too close to her, it's almost impossible to make a place for herself without touching him.

Suddenly she remembered something. According to her, that was the ideal conversation to change the topic and divert his gaze from her.

" Can I get your number please?" 

Adi got out of the trance listening to her. Did he hear it right? Was she really asking for his number? So he guessed it right. She couldn't also deny his charm. Of course! An excitement formed in the pit of his stomach. Now it will be a lot easier to get what he wants.

" Of course, you can. But may I know the reason? You see, I don't really share my personal number with everyone."

He used his playful tone.