Part 38

As soon as the car stopped near her apartment Paro darted out of the car and started running towards the gate. Her only goal was to get into her room at any cost and hide from the psycho who was making her life a living hell.

Getting into the lift she took a sigh of relief. She was safe at least for today. Suddenly her throat felt heavy as she remembered what happened in the evening. The disgust, anger, and helplessness were making her restless. She wished someone were there to help her in this situation. Hugging her backpack tightly she came out of the lift and went towards her room.

But her steps halted as soon as she discovered the person standing near her apartment.

Not again! How did he even reach here before her? She didn't have the energy to deal with him anymore. Rubbing her temple with her fingers she stood in front of him.

" Move". She said as calmly as possible.

Adi smirked looking at her.

" Did you really think you could outrun me with those little legs of yours?" He said in a duh tone.

" I don't want to talk to you right now. Please leave." Paro replied as calmly as possible, ignoring his previous borderline insult.

" So as I was saying earlier we would be going to a party next week. We would go on a date after that, On Sunday.

A proper one, without any unnecessary drama."

Adi said with a straight face remembering the stunt she pulled last time. But this time nothing like that would happen. He won't allow it.

" I already said that I don't want to," Paro said sternly.

Adi let out a light chuckle listening to her. This stubbornness was what drove him wildly.

" I am amazed to see how you still think you can decide by yourself. Don't you realize I am the one in control here?"

Bending his face to her level Adi let those words out gritting his teeth. Their closeness was creating havoc again in his body. He could catch a glimpse of her fear invading the facade of bravery she put on her face.

Suddenly something stuck in his mind. He remembered the way that boy was talking back to him in the restaurant. Even if he had any doubt left in his mind previously, it was quite clear after talking to him that the bastard had to have some soft corner for his girl.

" I never want you to talk to that boy again,"

Adi said in a cold straight voice.

" What made you think that I would listen to you? He is my friend."

Paro raised her voice frustrated with his behavior.

" Friend yeah? Probably to you but not to him. That fucker clearly has some feelings for you. You aren't really that oblivious to not notice. Are you?"

He said in a bitter accusing tone.

Whatever nonsense was coming out of his mouth didn't make much sense to her but she couldn't resist the temptation to increase his irritation a little more.

" What if he does? Why does it matter to you anyway? She asked, looking into his eyes this time.

" Did he?" Adi was dead serious now.

She looked at him with a questioning gaze.

" Did he propose to you? What did you say to him?" He snarled at her.

" What if he did? What if I said yes?" She asked boldly, clearly done with his manhandling.

Every muscle of his face tightened as he took a step ahead in her direction. His dark eyes were burning with evil mischievousness. Holding her shoulder in a vice grip with both of his hands he pushed her hard in the nearby wall.

" You don't really want to play this game for now, Paro. Do you?"

His words brushed against her ear dangerously forcing her to gulp the courage down.

Adi knew she was clearly lying to get on his nerves. But he couldn't take it lightly. The mere image of her with someone else made his blood boil. The urge to claim her the way he preferred often became overwhelming and it made him question his sanity.

" Enough of this nonsense. We are going to my party and on a date next week. It's final. You better be prepared." He ordered loosening his grip.

Rubbing her shoulder slightly to get rid of the pain Paro looked at him with hatred.

" Never."

" Cool then. Now you yourself would come to me and beg me to take you there. Mark my words. Don't blame me for what's gonna happen next. You asked for it."

Taking one last look at her, Adi left from there.

Getting into her room as soon as possible she locked the door from inside.

In her hurry, she forgot to notice the determination in his voice. Which would have surely scared her if she didn't already have enough for the day.

•••••••••••

Hello Everyone! I hope you all are doing good. Here's just a reminder that your author is still alive.🥺 . Sorry for making you all wait for so long and thank you so much for all your love and support.❤️. I would have started updating from April but I needed some help for this story from one of my friends who had her exam till May. I hope you all still remember the story and will keep giving the love like before. I missed you.

Love you all. Take care.