Chapter 47

Paro's world shattered as Adi forcefully tore her away from Ishita's home, his fingers digging into her trembling arm. Fear gripped her, paralyzing her every movement. Adi's eyes burned with a manic obsession, fueling her inner turmoil.

Without saying a word he made her sit inside and locked the door. The engine roared as he drove away with the car.

Adi gripped the steering wheel tightly as his phone buzzed, indicating an incoming call. He glanced at the caller ID and saw it was his personal assistant. With a deep breath, he answered the call, trying to maintain composure amidst the chaos.

"What is it, Aman?" Adi's voice was strained, revealing the underlying tension he was feeling.

"Sir, I just received a call from Our trusted source. Viktor is at it again, he is illegally trying to secure the tender. He is desperate to beat our company at any cost." 

Aman explained urgently, his voice laced with concern.

Adi's jaw tightened, and a mixture of frustration and anger welled up within him. He let out a low growl, a profanity escaping his lips in the heat of the moment.

"  You know me right? We will be the one to get the deal. Don't worry. One day, I'm going to put an end to this. That bastard! He is going to die in my hand one day."

Adi seethed through clenched teeth, his words dripping with venomous intent.

As Adi's rage simmered, Aman started speaking hesitantly,  

" Yes sir. Of course, you will handle everything. But after you took over ' that plot' , he became desperate. 

One thing I can't understand sir, We are getting one by one Industries deal, I understand. But why did you fight so hard for that plot? I don't think that will be very beneficial for us sir, right?" 

 Aman ended up asking the question that was nagging him for the past month. 

" Cause I wanted to Aman. Everything isn't meant to be understood by you. Isn't it?" 

Adi said those words in a neutral voice as his gaze shifted from the road ahead to the woman sitting beside him, who appeared disinterested and disconnected from the conversation. 

 " Sorry sir. I understand. " Aman said in a hurry, realizing his boss didn't want to talk about it. 

" Look after the necessary arrangements. I'll be there within an hour." Without waiting for a reply, Adi hung up the call.

The thick air of silence again engulfed the car, Adi was getting irritated by her cold behavior. She dared to pull a stunt like that but still behaved unbothered.

The tension in the vehicle was palpable. Adi's grip on the steering wheel tightened slightly, his gaze returning to the road ahead. The intensity of the moment hung in the air, mingling with the rush of passing vehicles.

As soon as they arrived near Paro's apartment, she was out of her trance. As soon as her door was unlocked she got out. But seeing Adi doing the same, she looked around.

" I don't want Auntie to see you now. Please leave."  Looking at him, she said in a slightly pleading voice. 

Adi stopped for a moment and nodded his head in understanding. 

Without waiting anymore Paro ran towards her building. Entering the elevator she directly pressed her floor number. She couldn't face Shefali right now, not like this. 

As Paro stepped out of the elevator and began making her way toward her room, she suddenly froze in her tracks. There, standing before her, was Adi. Confusion washed over her, as she couldn't comprehend how he had managed to arrive there so quickly.