Chapter 11

Standing near the office Adi looked at his wristwatch to realise he is 10 minutes before his reporting time. Satisfied with himself he entered the office straightening his posture and with a cold face. The lady in reception was just sitting back lazily. She jolted up immediately seeing him entering the office. He isn't the boss. But everybody knows this company belongs to his family so he will probably be the future owner of the company. Although he maintains a friendly gesture with the staff but when it comes to working he is extremely professional.

" Good morning sir ". The lady tried to sound calm as much as possible. 

" Morning" He just gave the shortest reply out of formality and she immediately knew he is in a bad mood. Not only today, It's going on for the last few days. God bless the people who will be the first one to face his wrath! Shrugging her shoulder she sat back on her chair to start working.

Adi as usual feeling annoyed with himself entered the elevator and pressed his floor button. For the last few days, that's what going on with him. 

Flashback:

He remembered the morning 3days prior when he woke up with a bad bad headache and in the middle of the mess created by him on the previous night. Letting out a loud yawn he sat back straight and pulled his hair as strongly as possible to get some relief from his headache. It felt like someone was hammering inside! Some medicine or lemon water was urgently needed. 

Oh no ! he remembered suddenly it was Monday today. Snatching his phone from the table he checked the time it was already 8.40 am! He was already 10 minutes late! And even if it's not enough he received 6 missed calls from his elder brother but as his bad luck was at its peak his phone was on silent mode. 

He didn't remember how he got his morning work done. But within 9 he was at the office. When he entered his father's office room thankfully he wasn't there, but his elder brother was handling the work. He looked at Adi once and again concentrated on his paper kept on the table.

" I ... I... " Adi tried to speak but nothing came out of his mouth.

Closing his file his brother stood up from his chair and started taking steps toward him. 

" So Mr.Aditya Raj Malhotra what's going on in your life ?" Adi didn't expect this type of question. But he was sure his brother knew nothing. So ignoring his question he told " Sorry for being late, I overslept. It won't happen again". 

Looking at him again his brother continued _

"You are my brother Adi. You can share with me if something is bothering you. It's been a while since you are working in this company. But whatever you do outside I have never seen you being irresponsible about your work. You don't know how much your work ethic makes me and dad proud. I am not saying that it's not reasonable to be late for only one day. But I hope it's because you overslept as you said, and nothing else. He completed his words.

Without Saying anything Adi started leaving his room and stopped hearing his voice again,

" Thankfully Dad isn't here today. Make sure it doesn't happen again".

" It won't " . Adi left the room and went directly to his cabin.

To say he was irritated with himself would be an understatement! He can't believe that he was losing control over himself! Work is his priority and it will always be. But the way the little girl was messing with his mind, is not a good news at all. Above all, she didn't even have any idea about any of these.

" No Adi you are not that weak. A mere average girl can never distract you. You are far stronger than that. You want to get her in your bed? You will. But there is no sense in thinking about her 24×7. "  He won't see her anymore. At least not till the weekend. He doesn't go to his house on weekdays, so there is no chance to meet her. Out of sight out of mind. He promised himself he won't think about her anymore. But Alas ! Promises are made to be broken. It's been only 3 days and his mind was continuously filled with her thoughts all the time! The number of times he remembered their small moments that he could actually tell how many times she blinked!