Chapter 23

Half lying on the couch Adi was lost in his world. His face maintained a blank expression as he was staring into space. At a distance, his family was gossiping with each other and the sound of their laughter was filling the living room from time to time. Some of their words hit his ears but not his mind which was an absolute mess. However, he had no interest in their topic either.

" Do you want to go to the club today?" 

Hearing his best friend Adi looked up. Sameer standing in front of him, looking at him with curious eyes. 

" No," Adi replied shortly.

" Of course." He snorted. 

He already got to know about last night. Adi had already told him everything except the fact that he imagined her to be someone else. 

What could he have possibly said? That he was so angry after seeing her with that filth, he lost control over his mind? That he drank to a point when he started hallucinating her? 

Do these things happen when you are attracted to someone? 

Is infatuation meant to be so intense? 

Why did she start affecting him all of a sudden?

He had so many questions but didn't know any of the answers. Rubbing both of his hands on his face he let out a deep sigh.

Sameer expected him to come out with a snarky or casual reply as always. But seeing his serious expression, his playfulness was gone.

Sitting beside Adi he put one of his hands on his shoulder _

" What is it?" He asked, concerned.

Looking up, Adi met his questioning gaze.

" What do you mean?" Adi asked, raising one of his eyebrows.

" What is so special about her that's making you behave like this? We have been friends since childhood. Hell, she doesn't even look your type! "Sameer said frustrated. 

Knowing Adi's flirtatious nature he took it lightly at first. But he can't pretend to be oblivious anymore. Not after what happened last night. He knew that Adi told an edited version to him when he already heard the full story from one of his friends. The girl was one of their common friend's cousins. But Adi didn't need to know that. At least for now. 

" I told you already that it's just an attraction, a mere infatuation which will go away with time". 

Adi uttered the same answer like a talking parrot fully aware that he didn't mean anything that he said.

What was so special about her? 

He was searching madly for the answer. She was cute. Or even beautiful. But in all those years he had his fair share of women. He can easily say it's not about her looks that get him hooked. Her confidence and personality were surely impressive but he never really cared for those crappy things. 

A pretty face with the right amount of curves, a good fuck for a whole night. The end of the story. He never cared about anything beyond that. He is pretty sure it's still the same. 

But he had an idea that something was changing, that he couldn't control his emotions anymore. And that was bothering him to no end.

Heaving a sigh Sameer started talking cautiously _

" Suppose you sleep with her for one night. Then? Will you forget your so-called infatuation? Will you be able to get control over your mind and all of those foreign emotions that you are feeling? Will you Adi?"