Chapter 13

" Can you please pull me up?" And just like that, he had to rein in his wild thoughts.

Gripping her bare waist tightly he tugged her a little bit harder. Paro fell directly into his chest and looked at him, puzzled by his action. Giving her his infamous smirk he kept observing her, enjoying her state. She was closer than ever before and he wanted to live in this moment as much as he can. He wanted to remember every minuscule detail of her face so that he can remember those even in his dreams.

Without even knowing he took the hair strands in his hands. That was falling on her face, creating obstacles for him to get a clearer view. Caressing her cheeks lightly he tucked those strands behind her ears, a genuine smile started making its place through his curved lips. Suddenly he realized their position. Her soft upper torso touching his bare upper parts, her palms on his naked chest, She's at his mercy.

As they both got out of their trance, she started wiggling to get out of his holds. Adi started getting turned on again. He took a deep breath to calm his mind down, but her effort to come out of his hold was not making the situation any easier for him.

' Stay still '. His deep low voice spoke out, careful not to let his desire come out through his voice. He can't let her know at any cost what's going on in his mind. She will be terrified and there won't be any chance left for him.

Hearing his voice Paro stopped. She felt like she was in this position for eternity but in reality, it's just been a few minutes. And his hawk-like gaze on her did nothing to make her feel comfortable. She parted her mouth to speak but nothing came out.

Before her petal-like lips provoke Adi to end up doing something he would regret, both of them heard a voice from behind,

' what's going on?'

as they turned their gaze towards the door they discovered Bidisha, his sis-in-law standing there, with a confusing look on her face.

Without any further words exchanged Adi freed her from his embrace, and immediately started missing her warmth. Her lavender smell still lingered in his senses. Taking a deep breath one last time he cleared his voice to reply to Bidisha.

' Nothing bhabi. She was about to fall, but I saved her.' He let out every word clear and loud without diverting his gaze from her.

Paro didn't like how he put extra pressure on the words 'saved her' as if he didn't startle her in the first place.

Smiling lightly at Bidisha she declared _

' Yeah. At first, people invade your personal space. Then decide to portray themselves as self-declared Knight in shining armour. No?' Though she was looking at Bidisha it was as clear as broad daylight that her words were pointing to him.

Bidisha was perplexed, more like confused to see this interaction between them. She couldn't understand what could possibly have happened between this two during her short absence. As far as she knew they didn't even exchange words before except on Sunday at the breakfast table.

On the other hand, Adi looked amazed by her reply. He never expected her to be this straightforward. If it was any other girl he would have felt offended. But for some unknown reason, he was enjoying this new side of her. He didn't mind this attitude of her as long as she does any type of interaction with him.

' So, the kitten has gotten claws huh? ' He smirked thinking.

He understood a long ago that she isn't an easy one to be tamed, but again what's the fun there? He loves challenges. And it's already decided who will be the winner.

' Ok ok. Both of you. Come to the living room. '.

Paro left the kitchen without glancing at him.

Bidisha looked at Adi  'So?'