Chapter 17

1 month later:

"Sir, when are you leaving? Everyone has left already sir. It's almost 8 pm! " 

Hearing the hesitant voice Adi looked up at the person. Amar, his PA is standing in front of him.

" Oh, it's already 8! I even forgot to check the time. Has my brother left too?"

" Yes sir, a while ago". He replied.

" Ok. You may leave."

" But sir…." Amar tried to protest hesitantly.

" Amar, leave. It's the weekend already. Go enjoy yourself. I am almost done. Will leave within 10 minutes." He ordered.

" ok, sir." Smiling at Adi politely he left.

……..

Shutting down the laptop Adi sighed and leaned back in the chair, letting his body be relaxed. For the last 1 month, the work pressure has been getting too much. Their company is about to finalize a deal with a foreign company. If it's confirmed Malhotra Industry will be one of the tops in the country. And he is making sure that they will confirm the deal.

Rubbing his eyes he took a deep breath. It's the weekend already. After that week he again shifted to his apartment. Only visiting home on weekends he made sure his family won't doubt him about anything. 

In all these days he couldn't even get to see 'HER' much to his irritation. He remembered their last visit, the day he gave her a lift to her institution. He made sure to wait until she fades away from his gaze. After that day he had to give all his focus to work. Even on the weekends, he visited home hoping to get a glance at her, he only received disappointment.

But not today.

He will make sure to visit her this time at any cost. Interaction with her makes him feel calm. He needs to focus on his work throughout the whole week.

Standing up from the chair he huffed once more and walked out of the cabin.

No one is left except him and the watchman in the office. Of course, it's the weekend and almost 8.30! 

Instructing the guard to check the office once more before going home he sat in his car. 

' Here I come my feisty cat ' smirking he drove away in his luxury car blowing smoke and dust behind.

……….

" Yeah, you are right aunty, we should keep it a surprise…." 

Adi heard the faint voice of her sis-in-law as he entered the living room. 

His mom, sis-in-law, Paro's aunty, everyone is gathered and discussing something. For once his eyes looked around the whole room in search of someone particular but only received disappointment in exchange. He saw someone else lying on the couch and conversing with them.

" You! What are you doing here?" Adi asked, surprised.

" Well hello to you too Adi." 

Sameer gave Adi his cheeky smile ignoring his previous question.

" Oh Adi, You are late! Come come." His mother complained to him pretending to be angry.

" Mom! Sorry. There's a lot of work pressure nowadays. But see I am home. By the way, what were you all discussing? Am I missing something?"

" Oh Yeah. Do you know Paro?"

 Paro's aunt asked him suddenly. Hearing her name Adi became alert. He couldn't understand why she was suddenly asking about her. Did Paro say anything about him? But he didn't even do something worthy of telling. Then?

Coming back to his senses before even he can answer her, Sameer decided to make the situation worse for him.

" Of course he does." He chuckled. 

But soon recognizing everyone's confusion and Adi's deadly gaze on him, he smiled sheepishly. 

" No, I mean we met her at the breakfast table, right? She made some delicious dishes. So of course we remember her." He tried to control the damage.

" Oh yeah". Paro's aunt nodded. It's her birthday next week. Her mom called me. They won't be able to come. So she told me to make some arrangements without letting her know. That's what we were talking about." Shefali explained the matter to him.

' Oh, thank God! Paro didn't tell her anything. But wait,her birthday! Shit! '

He totally forgot that he was supposed to find out her age. She is surely 18 right? But he can't even ask them directly. So he decided to do what he is good at, twisting his words.

"I think it should be a big party though. I mean she is turning 18. So it must be very special right?" He tried to sound innocent and genuine.

" No, actually she is turning 21. But that's not the case. She doesn't like to celebrate her birthday. That's why it will be a very small one." Her aunt replied.

'What? She is turning 21!' he thought in his mind. 

But she isn't even in college though. He will find out the reason later. That's not his priority right now. The main point is she is turning 21! So he didn't have to fight with his conscience anymore. 

" Great! " He said a little louder. But as all were again busy in the discussion no one heard him, except Sameer. He gave Adi a teasing look! 

Cursing in his mind Adi went to him.

" Move! " He barked. 

Sitting on the couch Adi saw Sameer is still smiling at him! Grinding his teeth he again snapped at his friend,

" What? Stop smiling like an Idiot." Adi rolled his eyes.

But Sameer only snickered in response.

" You are very happy today right?" He questioned him back.

" For what?"

" Oh come on! You know the exact reason. So what are you thinking of doing?" He asked half seriously. 

" Nothing much. Let's see. Shall we?" Adi smirked arrogantly. 

Sameer nodded while listening to him. He knew that Adi wouldn't take his advice. He will do what he wants. But he just hopes his desperation will not end up being lethal for the girl. He has been seeing her since last month. She was indeed a good soul. Not Adi's type at all. He also got to know about her age last week but for some reason, he didn't feel like informing him about it.

" Hey! Where are you lost?" Adi elbowed Sameer.

" Nowhere. Just thinking about what's brewing into your cunning mind?" He looked at Adi directly.

Shrugging his shoulders, Adi just laughed. 

 " Come on! I am not that bad. Am I?" He winked at his friend.

Their convo got interrupted by a ringtone.

"Oh! I am at Kavita's house. Come here. " Shefali instructed someone on the phone.

Adi's mind got stuck in her words. Is it who he thinks it is?

Before he went into a deeper explanation in his mind a girl entered the hall.

Her eyes directly landed upon his black ones, which were already set on her. But before even he can see those pairs to his heart's content, she averted her gaze much to his annoyance. 

" Hello Everyone! " 

Finally he got to hear the voice he was dying to hear for the last one month.

                            •••••••••

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT

YOU GUYS ARE THE SWEETEST.❤️

HAVE A GREAT DAY AHEAD.