Chapter 46

" Girl, what are you even doing in the early morning? Did you forget we don't have clas…. " Ishita who was speaking in her sleepy voice suddenly stopped hearing her friend's next word. 

" Ish.. Ishita, can you please come once?" Paro asked in her trembling helpless voice. 

The sleep was gone from Ishita's eyes. She sat up straight on the bed. 

" Hello Paro.. are you okay? What happened? Where are you!" Ishita asked in one breath.

" I.. I don't know."  Paro said, still sobbing.

" Okay, okay relax. Share your location with me. I am coming. Okay? Stay where you are." 

Ishita already ran towards the door while speaking to her. 

It was a bright morning, the sun casting its golden rays upon the bustling streets of the city as if the rain didn't wash out the whole city a few hours ago. 

Ishita walked hurriedly along the sidewalk, her mind occupied with her friend's thoughts. As she turned a corner, her eyes met a sight that instantly froze her in her tracks. 

There stood Paro, her face pale and tears streaming down her cheeks. Ishita's heart sank as she rushed towards Paro, her concern growing with every step.

Ishita's eyes widened. Her own emotions mirrored Paro's. She held Paro's trembling hands in hers and almost shouted, "Paro, what happened? Why are you like this?"

"Ishita!" Paro's voice cracked as she saw her friend approach. Her voice trembled with a mix of fear, sadness. 

" Yes, tell me. What happened?"

Paro gulped hard and took a deep breath. It's probably time to tell everything to her friend.

Her misery echoed through the quiet morning air as she poured her heart out to Ishita. From the day she met him at his house to yesterday, Paro told her as much as possible, including the events of the previous night, spilling from her quivering lips. 

Ishita's eyes filled with tears as she listened, her disbelief and rage growing with each word.

"Ad.. Aditya Raj Malhotra!!... how could he?" Ishita whispered, her voice shaking. This was probably the least thing she had expected to hear from Paro. Her brows furrowed as she clenched her fists, feeling a fierce determination taking hold.

" You didn't even tell me?" She said in disbelief. She knew Paro as a strong straightforward girl. Why would she tolerate his harassment for months? Ishita couldn't comprehend. 

Also Aditya! He was infamously known as a player. She had heard a lot of things about him but never expected him to be a molester! He had so many girls around him.

 Why did he even need to force someone to love him? Yes, the day she first met him she felt he was somehow interested in her friend. But like this! 

How could the same person that once saved her be her friend's tormentor?

Something wasn't matching up. But Paro was standing right beside her. Her situation was proving her claims. Also, Even though she had known her for a few months, she knew Paro wasn't a liar. 

No, she had to believe in her friend.

Paro, we need to go to the police station!"

The police station?" Paro looked at her with wide eyes, uncertainty and fear in her gaze.

"Yes, the police station. What else can we do? Do you want to inform your family about it?" Ishita asked, her tone gentle yet persistent.

"No!" Paro objected vehemently, her resistance strong.