Chapter 6: Your ex?

Alexis quickly packed her books together and roughly pushed them into her bag the next day. The first lecture of the day had just ended and the lecturer had just stepped out of the hall. Everybody was stepping out for the next lecture and Alexis was hurrying so she could get a good seat in the next class.

She was fifteen minutes early to the first class so she got a good seat in the second row. She was only early because she refused to take any of the wine Dianne offered her the night before and she went to bed early even though she was tempted to stay awake and witness the intense argument between Dianne and Candace after Candace found out Dianne "took" her bottle of wine.

Picking up her little black bag, she got up from her seat and turned towards the door.  She scurried out of the class, carefully pushing through the crowd and soon she got into the hallway.

As soon as she turned to walk towards the next hall she bumped into him.

It would have been one of those cliche moments in movies if her books had fallen and they had both bent to pick them up as their eyes met and they immediately fell in love but her books were in her bag and the guy she crashed into, as far as she was concerned, was her mortal enemy and a total dick head even.

"I'm sorry" he rushed out, nervously scratching the back of his head.

He was clad in a pair of black jeans and a blue long sleeved button up shirt with the first three buttons undone. He had a mass of curly blonde hair that just went perfectly with his ocean blue eyes and tanned skin. A lopsided grin creased his features as he stared down at Alexis who he towered over.

"Adam" His name rolled off her lips, venom in her tone.

"Princess" he responded and his grin was immediately replaced with an arrogant smirk. 

Alexis was instantly filled with disgust. She hated every bit of him and wished he would just drop dead. "The guts you have to still call me that" she scowled.

"What, you suddenly hate the name?" He questioned, withdrawing his head. "You didn't seem to about three months ago" he added.

"Well, I didn't seem to hate you about three months ago but here we are now" She fired back. "What the hell are you even doing here? Didn't you get admitted into Stanford with LeAnne?" She asked, anger in her voice.

"Well, I guess I just prefer Bevard" He slid his hands into his pockets with a shrug.

"Oh, so I guess LeAnne is here too" She said and sadness replaced the anger that had been swimming in her eyes. A short silence settled between them before she took a breath to pull herself together. "Bye Adam" She said softly, taking a step to walk away.

"No, Alexis wait" he rushed out, stopping her in her tracks. "forget LeAnne" he told her.

"Forget LeAnne?" Alexis spat, anger burning in her eyes. 

Adam's lips slightly parted as he searched for his words. Alexis' tone might have robbed him of his speech, he had never seen her that angry. "Yes" He finally said. "Listen, I came here for you" he continued, taking a step forward to take her hands in his.  "Alexis, I am so sorry" he concluded, staring straight into her bright brown eyes.

"You really want me to forget about LeAnne?" Alexis began with a scoff. "Cuz on prom night, she was obviously all you could think about" She continued, snatching her hands. Adam opened his mouth to respond but she didn't give him a chance to make out his words. "She was my best friend Adam, how could you?" she raised her voice at him. 

"I really don't know what I was thinking" he started "I was so stupid" he continued.

"Tell me something I don't already know" she fired.