Chapter 50: Nothing But Cruelty.

"his lungs... I don't know" Dianne said as tears flowed freely down her cheeks. "He said he's not going to make it" she added

"What!?" Blake exclaimed turning back to face her. "Oh my God, how did it happen?" He asked.

"I don't know, I don't know" Dianne replied, pacing up and down the room. "He's been taking drugs" she added

"Drugs?" Wayne questioned. "Since when?!" He asked.

"What type of drugs!?" Blake asked.

"I don't know Blake" Dianne replied. "He didn't tell me anything till it started to affect him" she added, running her hand through her hair. 

"Did he tell you anything?" Blake asked, turning to Alexis who was already breaking down.

"No, no, he didn't tell me anything" She replied. "He never tells me anything" she continued. "I...I don't believe this is happening right now" she added.

"Oh my God, someone call 911!" Candace yelled.

Everybody immediately began to search their for their phones, except Blake who was still kneeling beside Amarr, examining him.

"Guys!, Guys!" Blake yelled and they all immediately froze.

"What?" Wayne asked.

"I can't feel his pulse anymore" he replied, holding Amarr's wrist, desperation in his eyes. "He stopped breathing" he added.

"What!?" Alexis yelled, flinging her phone to a corner of the room. "Amarr!" She screamed, running towards him.

Blake got up and Alexis took his position.

"Amarr!" She yelled, shaking him. "Please wake up" she continued. "Please" She added, placing her head on his chest, wetting his shirt with her tears.

The room immediately went silent and then..., she heard his heartbeat.

"Amarr" she called, raising her head to look at his face.

There was no response but then a smile slowly creeped onto his face.

"Amarr?" She questioned and at that, his smile broke into laughter. "What the fuck?" Alexis questioned, getting up to her feet.

"I'm sorry" Amarr laughed, finally opening his eyes. He was laughing uncontrollably.

Then they all began to laugh, except Alexis. She was in the dark.

Even Dianne who was just balling out her eyes was dying of laughter.

"What the fuck is going on?" Alexis asked.

"It's a prank" Amarr replied trying to hold back his laughter.

"What!?"

"Happy birthday Alexis" he replied, getting up from the ground and bursting into laughter again.

"What the fuck!?" Alexis yelled and she took a seat on Amarr's bed. She buried her head in her palms and just kept crying.

"Happy birthday to you..." Amarr began and everybody else joined in on the song.

"No!" Alexis yelled, getting up from the bed. "This makes no sense" she added.

"How?" Dianne asked.

"The coughing... And the fainting... And the..." She was saying. She was finding it so hard to comprehend the situation.

"Yeah, it was a really elaborate plan Alexis" Amarr replied with a smile.

"That's not funny!" Alexis yelled. "I really thought you were dead just now" she added, she was still crying.