Chapter 20: His Moment

The last lecturer stepped out of the hall and Alexis slipped her note into her bag. She got up from her seat and walked out of the hall after almost a minute of pushing through the crowd.

Most of the students stood in groups, chatting in the hallway but immediately Alexis got into the hallway she started heading towards the door cuz she didn't have actual friends in her class.

Alexis still felt so energetic, the day wasn't as tiring as other days cuz two of her lecturers were absent that day.

'Awesome!'

Her script presentation also went really well and she could not wait to tell Amarr all about it and maybe finally talk about what's going on.

Yeah she had been catching on. She had been picking up what he was laying down.

So she had planned to go straight to Amarr's room but immediately she stepped out of the lecture complex, she ran into Emanie. Again.

He had his car parked in front of the building. The windows were tinted but Alexis was sure she could see Ryan in the backseat.

"Why are you everywhere?" She asked with narrowed eyes.

"You know I could ask you the same question" He replied with a smile.

"You're in front of the freshman complex" Alexis told him.

"Your point?" He questioned leaning on his car.

"Oh jeez" Alexis rolled her eyes. "What do you want Cavalero?" She questioned adjusting her bag.

"Hey you've never called me that" Emanie said with a smile. "Just wanted to ask if you wanted to hang out" he told her "I've been invited to different parties for the rest of this week and I want you to be there with me" he explained.

"Senior parties?" She questioned

"What, you expect me to attend junior parties?" He shot back with furrowed eyebrows.

"Oh" she began "I actually have something to do tonight" she added.

"Another no?" He asked leaning off the car. "I'm beginning to think there's something wrong, is this about Kate, did she do anything?" He questioned

"No, Kate didn't do anything" Alexis replied

"Then what's wrong?" He asked raising his voice a bit.

"Nothing, I just have a lot to do" She replied. "I'm busy" she added.

Then there was a short silence. Emanie just stared at nothing with the most confused expression ever.

"Did anybody tell you anything about me?" He asked, breaking the awkward silence.

Alexis felt her heart jump. She did not expect him to ask that. "No" she replied. "Is there anything I should know?" she asked

"No" he replied.

"I see you're not used to rejection" Alexis began "it seems you always get what you want" she added

"Of course" he began "I'm cavalero" he added

"Well there's a first time for everything, Cavalero" Alexis said and she turned to walk away. "Goodnight" she added and she began her journey towards the dorm.

"Hold on" Emanie called out and Alexis turned back to face him. "So tomorrow?" He questioned

"Yeah, ok, I'm free tomorrow" Alexis replied with a shrug.

"And next tomorrow?" He asked, his face lighting up.

"Don't push your luck Emanie" she replied sharply.