Chapter 44: The Midnight Attack.

Alexis slowly opened her eyes hours later. She felt so weak and she had no memory of what had happened or how she got to where she was. The last thing she remembered was Emanie paying at the restaurant.

She was laying on a bed, facing the ceiling. She quickly looked around, observing her surroundings. She immediately recognized the place. It was the room she slept in the first time she was at Emanie's house.

So she was at Emanie's house.

"Fuck" she muttered and she sprang up from the bed with the little energy she had.

She dashed towards the door and tried to open it but she couldn't. It was locked. She kept trying, desperately yanking the door handle but the door just wouldn't budge.

She sighed and ran her hand through her hair, her heart pounding in her chest. She walked towards the window and pulled aside the curtains to look out the window.

Telling from the sky, it was.... really late at night.

She had no idea what time it was. She dashed back towards the bed to look for her phone to check what time it was and then call someone. She looked under the blanket and beside the pillows but she couldn't find it.

Then she was getting really frustrated. She flung all the pillows off the bed, hoping her phone would be underneath but it wasn't. She yanked off the blanket and then the sheets, stripping the bed naked but she still couldn't find her phone. She was so confused. Then she rummaged through the blanket and sheets on the floor but still didn't find anything. She even looked under the bed but her phone was no where to be found.

"Oh shit" she muttered to herself as she got up to her feet. She ran her hand through her hair again trying to think of what to do but her mind was pretty much scrambled.

Then she heard the sound of a key from the other side of the door. She heard the door unlock and then it slowly opened.

She watched Emanie step into the room and close the door behind him.

"Alexis..." He began.

"You drugged me. Again." She said cutting him short.

"Alexis I swear I did nothing to you" He replied, stepping closer to her.

"Oh really, then what happened?" She asked, tears forming in her eyes.

"I don't know" He replied.

"I can't believe I fell for this again." Alexis said and a single tear ran down her cheek. She quickly wiped it off. "I am so stupid" she added and more tears ran down her cheeks.

"Alexis..." He began, placing his hand on her shoulder.

"Don't touch me!" She yelled at him, stepping backwards.

"Alexis I did not drug you" He said, raising his voice a bit.

"So what happened to me?" She asked. "Why am I here, why did you lock me in this room and where the fuck is my phone!?" She yelled.

"I don't know what happened" He began. "It must have been something you ate" he added.

"Don't give me that bullshit Emanie, it wasn't the first time I ate chicken parmesan" she shot back. "I should have known something was up when you ordered for me in my absence" she continued. "You're friends with the waiter." She said. "It was him wasn't it? You told him to drug me didn't you?" She questioned.

"Alexis, I would never do that to you" He said and Alexis drew back her head.

"Oh really?" She questioned.