Chapter 14: Bumping Into Heartbreak

It was around 4pm the next Monday . Alexis dragged herself through the halls of the complex after lectures were over. The script presentation actually went better than she expected but many other people gave shitty presentations. It was obvious they didn't take the assignment seriously so what did the lecturer do?... He handed out new scripts.

'aaahh' Alexis screamed internally each time she remembered the new script.

The lecturer had won himself the position of most hated lecturer as far as she was concerned.

She walked towards the entrance door of the complex with her bag hanging from her left shoulder and the new script rolled up in her right hand. It was already rough cuz Alexis had angrily squeezed the life out of it.

Immediately she stepped out of the complex, she saw Emanie.

He was leaning on his car which was parked directly in front of the building obviously waiting for her.

His face lit up as their eyes met. "Goldilocks" he called, now standing straight.

"What do you want?" Alexis shot back as she walked down the little stairs in front of the complex.

"Ouch"

"I'm not in a very good mood" she said as she finally got to him.

"Why not?" he asked "you had an awesome presentation this morning" he added, a smirk creeping onto his face.

"Yeah and the lecturer gave..." Alexis was saying then she paused. "How do you know about my presentation?" She asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Doesn't matter" he shrugged "but I know what's gonna get you in a good mood" he said with a smile.

"What?" She questioned.

"Let's go out and have some fun" He replied "there's a pool party today, you can actually swim" he added.

"Fascinating." Alexis began. "But no" she quickly added.

Yeah she loved swimming but, still no.

"Why?"

"First of all, today is a Monday" she began "second, I've been warned to stay away from you" she added and she turned to walk away like she hadn't said anything.

"By who?" Emanie questioned sharply.

Alexis sighed and turned back to him. "Your girlfriend" she replied.

"What?"

"Yeah your girlfriend" Alexis began. "You know, the one you decided not to tell me about, Kate" she added.

"Oh jeez" he sighed "what did she do to you?" He asked.

"Nothing, she just yelled at me and then said shit about my friend who eventually beat her up" she replied "ok bye now" she added and she turned to walk away.

"Kate is not my girlfriend" he said ignoring the fact that Kate got beat up.

Alexis turned back again with a sigh. "Oh really?, Cuz she seemed really confident telling me." She said "There has to be something" she added.

"Kate is my ex" Emanie began. "We broke over half a year ago but she still won't stop bugging me" he continued.

"Ok" Alexis shrugged "but either way, I don't want any trouble" she said "she seemed really mad the other day, I don't want her attacking me or anything like that" she added.

"She won't" Emanie said confidently.

"And how would you be so sure of that?" Alexis questioned.

"I know Kate pretty well." He began "you shouldn't worry about her" he said "she's just a whore" he concluded.

Alexis furrowed her eyebrows. "That's not very nice" she began and Emanie gave a sigh "is that what you call all your exes?" She asked.

Emanie just stared at Alexis who then folded her arms. "That's exactly what Kate is" he said breaking the awkward silence "a whore" he added.

"Whatever, I'm pretty tired anyway" Alexis began with a shrug. "I can't go out with you, I don't have that energy" she told him.

"So some other time?" He questioned with a sheepish smile.

"Yeah okay" she replied

"Like later this week?" he questioned

"We'll see" she replied with another shrug.

"Cool" he smiled. "I'll walk you to the dorm" he added.

"No thanks" she said sharply. "Don't bother yourself" she added.

Then Emanie dropped his head and sighed. "Are you still worried about Kate?" He asked raising his head again.

"No" Alexis replied.

"Then what?" He asked.

"Goodnight Emanie" Alexis smiled and she turned to walk away.

"Goodnight" he replied and Alexis heard him open his car door.

She heard the door slam shut and then the engine revved. She began her journey down the never lonely path to her dorm.

Yeah, there were always students around.

Alexis was never really worried about Kate but she knew she had to reduce the rate at which she hung out with Emanie. Just in case he really was what Dianne had called him.

Her phone beeped in the pocket of her jean trousers and she paused to slip it out.

It was a text from Noah.

Saw you at the library with a Nigga on Friday.

"Oh jeez" Alexis rolled her eyes.

Nigga? That's offensive.     She replied.

Whatever, who is he?

Amarr.

I mean who is he to you.

That's my business.

By this time, she was already in front of the dorm and she barely raised her head throughout, she was just staring down at her phone. Before Noah could reply, Alexis bumped into someone and her phone fell from her hand.

"Fuck" she began bending down to pick up her phone "I'm so sorry" she said to whoever it was she bumped into.

"Never thought we would meet again" Alexis heard that familiar female voice reply.

She immediately froze. She knew that voice anywhere.

"Hi Alexis" the voice added.

Then she picked up her phone and got back up to her feet. "LeAnne" she said in a low tone staring straight at her.

She really never thought they would meet again, but there they were.

LeAnne. Her ex best friend stood directly in front of her right beside Adam, her ex boyfriend.

Like seeing Adam almost everyday wasn't enough reminder of her past, the universe just had to send LeAnne down her path too.

'why does the universe hate me?' she thought.

"Isn't this just a nice reunion" Adam's voice echoed in her head and she felt her heart grow heavy.