Chapter 39: Mind Games.

"You guys had to see his face" Alexis said getting up from her bed.

"Really?, was it that obvious?" Candace questioned

"Uh, yes!" She replied. "He looked mad guilty" she added.

"Damn" Dianne smiled dipping her hands into a bag of chips with her full focus on Alexis.

"Told you my tears could break anyone" Alexis shrugged with pride. "Well, my tears and the power of my incredible acting" she added.

It was around 7pm, later that day. The three girls were in Alexis' room and Alexis was telling them all about her encounter with Emanie earlier that day, after the game.

Dianne sat with Candace on her bed and they watched Alexis with keen attention as she told the story.

"You really know how to use tears to your own advantage" Candace said.

"I do" Alexis beamed.

"The fact that you can actually cry whenever you want, like right on cue..." Dianne began. "That's amazing" she continued. "You are a horrible person" she added.

"Seriously? How?" Alexis laughed.

"That's fucking emotional blackmailing" Dianne told her. "But it's totally fine since the victim is Emanie" she continued with a shrug. "Bad things should happen to bad people " she added.

"Exactly" Alexis replied. "You know for someone who treats girls like trash, he is really soft." She said. "Like I really thought it would be harder to get into his head" she added.

"Me too" Candace replied. "I'm  not gon' lie, I really didn't think this would work" she added.

"Yeah, I kinda had a doubt" Dianne said looking down at her bag of chips.

"Well I hope you're now convinced that I'm not someone to mess with" Alexis said with pride.

"Hmm mmm" Dianne rolled her eyes.

"I just can't wait for the whole plan to come together so I can crush him." Alexis said. "Like he's gonna be so crushed there will be absolutely no chance of recovery." She told them.

Yeah, she was sick and tired of being used and treated like dirt. It was about time she clapped back.

"I don't know, this plan of yours seems a little over the top" Candace said.

"It's meant to be" Alexis replied. "He's never going to..." She was saying but then she got interrupted by her ringtone. "that's my phone" she said turning back to face her bed. "Where is it?" She asked.

"Right here" Candace replied slipping it out from under her pillow and her eyes widened as she saw who was calling. "Speaking of the devil" She smiled, handing the phone to Alexis.

"Oooh, is it Emanie?" Dianne asked.

"Yup" Candace replied. "Pick up and let's hear what she has to say" she added. She was really excited.

Candace was a lot happier than she used to be. Turns out, life is actually not that terrible when you decide to finally let things go.

"No no no no" Alexis began. "We can't pick up just yet" she added.

"Why not?" Candace questioned.

"Mind games" Dianne replied.

"Exactly " Alexis began. "We're playing mind games" she continued. "We can't just pick up the first time he calls, we need to see how far I've gone into his head" she added.

"I am learning so much" Candace said dipping her hand into Dianne's bag of chips. "I am so excited" she added and the phone stopped ringing.

"Ok..." Alexis began. "Now we just..." She was saying but then the phone started ringing again.