Chapter 33.

"you didn't listen to me and now you're not going to listen to her?" Candace asked with focused eye contact. "Noah" she muttered.

He glanced at Alexis who just stood there wide eyed, trying to process everything, then at Dianne who glared back at him with hatred in her eyes and then back at Candace.

He sighed and dropped his head. "I'm all ears" he said.

"I..." Alexis began.

"Not you" Noah immediately cut her short and he raised his head to face Candace.

'ouch' Alexis thought.

"I was drugged" Candace finally said after a short silence.

"Yeah after you went to his house" Noah began. "Candace that's everybody's story" he added.

"Will you let her finish?" Dianne questioned walking towards him. She didn't seem to like Noah at all. "Told you he's not worth it" she said to Candace and Noah sighed.

"Emanie knew I wouldn't fall for his tricks so he drugged me in the cafeteria" Candace told him. "You would know that if you actually listened to me" she added.

Noah was the type to act irrational when angry. He really thought Candace gave herself to Emanie so he broke up immediately. He instantly regretted it but he knew there was no way he was going back. He thought Candace cheated and the worst part was, the whole school knew about it.

"I..." Noah began. "I'm sorry". He felt really bad.

"You left me even though you're the reason Emanie did that to me" Candace said and tears began to form in her eyes.

"I'm sorry" he said softly.

"I used to be happy!" She yelled at him.

"Candace I'm sorry!" he yelled back at her and tears streamed down her cheeks. "I'm sorry" he added, pulling her into his arms.

Alexis was shocked.

'what!?' she thought. 'Noah and Candace dated? And Emanie slept with her to get revenge on Noah? And then Noah dumped her?' 'no wonder she hates my guts!'.

"Alexis" Noah called, snapping her out of her thoughts. "Pack your things" he added.

"Really?" Candace questioned.

"Yeah I've had enough of her" Noah replied. "She's gotta go" he added.

"I don't wanna leave" Alexis told him.

"Too bad it's not your choice" Noah replied.

"It is!" She replied. "You can't just make decisions for me" she added.

"I think we are all aware of how things go down when you make your own decisions" Noah said and Alexis looked away. "Or you have a reasonable explanation to justify yourself?" He questioned. "You don't even have to answer that question cuz I know if you had something to say, you would have said it" He added.

"You don't have to be mean Noah" Dianne told him.

Alexis was already crying again. Again!.

Noah sighed. "Look, the whole school is going to see Emanie's post" he began. "And trust me, Bevard students don't know how to keep their mouths shut" he continued. "Do you really want to put yourself through that?" He asked.

"I did" Candace said. "Let her stay if she wants to" she added.

Turns out Candace never really hated Alexis, she was just finding it hard to get over what happened between she and Noah.