Chapter 35: His other side

It was around 3:30pm the next day and lectures were already over. Alexis sat in the back row of an almost empty hall, trying her best to read. The day hadn't gone so smoothly for her. Well, nothing really happened but the amount of stares she got discouraged her from ever going to class again. Like everywhere she went, people were staring and it made her really uncomfortable. Some people even whispered things like:

"Oh, so she fucks seniors?" "No wonder she never talks in class" "she thought she was better than the rest of us just because she's friends with seniors, now everything has come crashing down" "she absolutely deserves it " "what did she expect to happen?" "She was definitely crossing her boundaries and biting more than she could chew".

Those were supposed to be whispers but they were very audible. She had so many regrets. She was really uncomfortable and it felt like all her classmates had turned against her, even though she was never with them.

She was staring at the textbook in front of her but really she was lost in thoughts. She had completely zoned out. Then,

"Alexis right?" Someone asked, snapping her out of her thoughts.

She looked up to face the red-headed girl in front of her.

"Yeah" she replied.

"A girl told me to tell you she's been waiting outside for you for about ten minutes" the girl said. "She's black with really long braids" she added.

"Dianne " Alexis said

"Yeah, that's what she said her name was" the girl replied. "She was also with a guy and he said you should hurry up " she added.

"Ok thanks " Alexis smiled.

"You're welcome" she replied before walking away.

Alexis had finally abandoned her phone. She wasn't ready to go through the stress of trying to see the screen. It was really broken, thanks to butthead Emanie.

She packed her books into her bag and she got up from her seat to walk towards the door. She carefully opened the door and stepped out but before she could take three steps, she was brought to a halt.

"Hey Goldilocks" she heard Emanie's deep and ever sexy voice call.

Yeah, Emanie was an asshole but his incredible voice should always be acknowledged.

She already knew who it was, she didn't even bother turning back. She just kept walking and for once she felt like she was doing something not stupid.

Although, he soon caught up to her. He grabbed her by her wrist forcing her to turn back to face him.

She looked around and noticed so many people were standing around, watching the scene.

"Please just leave me alone" she said in such a low tone it was almost a whisper.

"Hey" he called and she finally raised her head to face him. "Alexis..." He continued. "I am really sorry" he added.

She scoffed and tried to walk away but he had a firm grip.

"I know you hate me now" he began. "But I swear I didn't mean to" he continued. "It was a mistake" he said. "I would never do that to you" he added.

'what!?'  she thought. She was dumbfounded. She just stared back at him, unable to find her words.

Then Ryan walked up to them. It was like he went everywhere Emanie went. Like he didn't have a life of his own.

Emanie turned back to face Ryan and then back to Alexis. He chuckled a bit and he dipped his hand into his pocket to bring out something, finally letting go of Alexis' hand.