Chapter 34

"Why are you here?" Amarr asked coldly and that sent shivers down Alexis' spine.

He looked so intimidating, her heart was pounding. She had never seen that side of him. He looked at her like they were never even friends.

"I... I came to talk to you" she stuttered.

He took about five seconds to stare at her with that cold expression on his face. He could see the fear in her eyes. "I'm all ears" he finally said, taking a seat on the edge of his bed.

"I..." She began, trying to calm herself down and find her words. "I..." She started again but she still didn't know what to say.

She felt so pressurized, the air was tense and Amarr stared at her with focused eye contact. She was sure she could hear her heart racing.

She was quiet for a while trying to put together what to say and Amarr was getting impatient.

"I..." She started for the third time, still unsure of what to say.

"I don't have all day" he said cutting her short.

"Amarr" she called.

"What?" He shot back, getting up from his seat.

Then there was a short silence. They just stared at each other. Amarr looked really mad and Alexis was almost shaking.

Tears slowly trickled down her cheeks and Amarr just sighed and looked away.

"I'm sorry" she said softly.

"For what exactly?" He fired.

"Everything" she replied. "I should have listened to you and everybody else" she continued. "What I did to you was awful and inexcusable" she said. "I shouldn't have kept going out with Emanie after you told me how you felt. I'm sorry" she told him and more tears ran down her cheeks. "I just don't know what came over me" she began again. "Lately I haven't been thinking straight and I make stupid decisions, hurting people who actually care about me" she continued and she paused. "I'm just really sorry" she concluded, wiping her tears.

She genuinely felt bad for hurting Amarr.

"I called you like a hundred times yesterday" Amarr said.

He was no longer as angry as he was before.

"I didn't see the calls" she replied "my phone is broken" she continued, dipping her hand into her pocket to slip out her phone. "See" she added showing him her broken phone.

"How did that happen?" He asked.

"It fell out of my hands" she replied. "It barely even works anymore" she added.

"Sorry about that" he said.

"It's fine" she replied.

"That day you told Dianne you got invited to the party..." He began out of nowhere. "Were you with Emanie throughout?" He asked

"Yeah" she replied

"So why did you lie to me about it?" He asked.

"Cuz I didn't want you to..." She was saying.

"Feel bad?" he questioned.

"Get mad" she replied.

"Listen, Alexis..." He began. "I don't want you to feel like I'm trying to force you to love me or anything like that" he continued. "And I don't want you to feel like I'm mad because you chose Emanie over me" he added.

"I didn't" she said.

"But that's exactly what you did" he told her. "And it's fine." He continued. "You have the right to choose whoever you want to be with" he said. "And you chose Emanie" he added.

"I didn't" she said.

"But you did" he replied. "If you didn't, none of this would have happened" he told her. "But it's okay, people make mistakes..." He continued. "Even after several warnings" he added. "I know you think I'm mad at you cuz of the whole hickey issue" he began again. "But that's all in the past now" he continued. "Now I'm mad cuz you didn't listen to me and you let Emanie do this to you" he told her.

"I know" she started. "I am really stupid" she added.

"I already had a feeling he would do something like this since the first day I saw you guys together" he began. "That's why I kept warning you" he continued. "Emanie hates my guts and he is very well aware that if he  tries to step to me I'll kill him, so he went after you" he added.

"I was so blind" she muttered and she started crying again.

Candace really knew what she was talking about when she said that was only the beginning. She was speaking from experience.

"It's going to be ok" Amarr said pulling her into his arms. "You're going to get through this way faster than you think" he continued. "Cuz I'm gonna be right beside you" he said.

"Awwwn" someone said from behind the door and they immediately pulled away from each other.

"Dianne" Amarr called and he sighed.

The door was carefully opened from outside and Dianne stepped in with a smile on her face.

"Were you eavesdropping?" Amarr asked.

"What? No, of course not, why would I do that" she replied. She was obviously lying.

Wayne and Blake stepped in after Dianne and Alexis turned to face the three of them.

"Hey Alexis" Blake smiled.

"Hi" she replied. Her eyes were still teary.

Blake walked towards her and pulled her into a hug mostly cuz he wanted to make sure she knew he wasn't mad at her.

Amarr turned to the table behind him and he picked up a water bottle.

"Blake!" Dianne yelled, he already knew what Amarr was going to do but it was too late.

Amarr hit the bottle on his head and then pulled Alexis away from him giving him the middle finger. Payback for what he did on the basketball court.

"Ow" he groaned rubbing his head.

"Yeah, that's how it feels" Amarr replied.

"Very mature Amarr" Wayne said sarcastically.

"You didn't say that when he did it to me" Amarr shot back.

"I'm so glad everything is back to normal" Dianne said with a smile, wiping fake tears off her face.