Chapter 8: Or You Could Sleep Here.

"Oh my fucking God".

Alexis blinked twice and finally woke up to the sound of the disembodied voice.

She slowly opened her eyes and looked around, squinting cuz of how brightly the room was lit. She was in a king sized bed, under what was probably the thickest duvet known to mankind. She was covered all the way to her neck and she could feel the wetness of her clothes underneath.

At the moment, she believed that was the least of her problems. Her head was pounding and she had no idea where the fuck she was.

"Son of a cunt" She heard a deep male voice mutter and she immediately sprang up into a sitting position. Ryan immediately came into view.

He was sitting on the floor at the foot of the bed, game pad in hands. He had his eyes glued to the TV as a battle scene between two weird looking avatars flashed across the screen. Alexis hadn't even noticed that earlier. She was still feeling absolutely disoriented.

Ryan had on nothing but a pair of cargo shorts and black socks.

'wtf' she thought, her eyebrows pulled together. "What happened?" She finally spoke up, staring down at the brunette sitting at her feet..

"Oh you're awake" was all he said without bothering to take his eyes off the TV.

"Yeah, where am I? What the hell happened?" She asked, looking around the room one more time. Her vision was kinda blurry and it felt like she would collapse if she tried to get up to her feet.

It was her first hangover and it was terrible.

"Ok, what's the last thing you remember?" Ryan questioned.

"Uh..." Alexis trailed off, desperately searching her memories. She had blacked out. Her eyes lit up as she finally remembered something and she looked down at Ryan, her lips parting in shock. "Taking punch at the party" she said.

"Oh, well,.after that we got attacked by unicorns and we had to run for our lives" Ryan replied with a straight face, still not peeling his eyes off the TV..

Alexis' eyebrows fell dangerously low, a look of disinterest instantly taking over her face. "What the hell?" She pulled a nasty look.

"I know it sounds unbelievable but I'm serious. The unicorns were sent by mermaids to kill us cuz we were disturbing their home." He began, finally turning around to glance at her. He looked dead serious, like he wasn't saying anything crazy. "You passed out due to shock " he added with a nod, turning back to his game.

"Oh God" Alexis muttered, crashing back into the bed. She was almost sure she was losing her mind. She should have known it was a bad idea to go out with a guy she had only known for two days.

"I know" Ryan nodded. "Crazy" he added with a shrug.

"So why am I wet?" She asked, staring up at the ceiling.

"How the fuck am I supposed to know, you should keep shit like that to yourself, do you understand the concept of TMI?" Ryan fired back, his mind clearly wandering. Or maybe he just got his kicks out of messing with Alexis.

She just closed her eyes and heaved an exasperated sigh.

"I can't take this bullshit" Alexis muttered to herself. "Where's Emanie?" She asked, opening her eyes.

Before Ryan could respond, the door flung open and Emanie walked into the room. He was clad in a pair of black and white checkered pajama pants and a black tank top that clung tightly to him like a second skin. His hair looked like it had just come out a dryer and Alexis immediately noticed he was barefeet. He had a white mug in his right hand and a tired look in his eyes.