CHAPTER-38

FLASHBACK

As the sun was setting down to welcome the dawn of stars, they watched the sun eloping itself in the sky as if it never existed, neither Nanon nor Ohm talked they just kept quiet thinking about every possibility that was yet to come true. Who knew how long they had been standing there slightly leaning on the window seal lost in thoughts and for how long?

But after taking some time, Nanon gathered up the willpower to speak up first. He took a deep breath, he started slightly dampening his unusually dry lips "I've made up my mind. I'll personally see you off."

Ohm might have guessed the answer but it still took some time to comprehend what Nanon just said. He understood what Nanon was thinking.

Although he prepared himself for these possible two answers from Nanon either "Don't" or "Yeah, you should" but still it was still hard for him to swallow the lump forming in his throat. He pensively replied, " You are one cruel of a person, hm?"

"Sure I am, I can tell what you might want to hear and what I really want to speak too, but maybe I want to be rational for the very first time around" Nanon spoke with a light chuckle that was filled with so many complicated emotions than happiness, his eyes were looking straight ahead but one knew those reflections reflected in his eyes didn't reach his mind, which was wandering somewhere else.

"Can you say then?" Ohm asked facing the side profile of Nanon.

With that Nanon's gaze finally left the endless maze of clouds and landed on Ohm's face. They were standing close to each other gazing through the narrowed window that when they both were facing each other their faces were mere inches apart just some. They both could feel each other's light sweet scented breath so near, right on their skin, the air they breathed became one and so had their mind and heart become too.

No matter how much it had been since they started dating, no matter which day, the day when they both confessed at the same exact time, they still felt the rush in their veins with every sincere confession. No matter how much they have touched each other, they both still felt unusual with those scalding touches. No matter how much they have spent their time together, they still wanted more of it, more time together.

That was just as simple and as complicated as it was. Nanon knew what to do, with his instincts so he slightly hooked his both arms behind Ohm's neck and pulled him close meeting his lips as they both poured the longings they would have to bear with the situation coming ahead. Nanon had tried and Ohm had tried to not break apart in front of each other but still, the small sobs were uncontrollable as they both knew what was on each other's minds.

Slowly they pulled apart and without even catching their breaths, both of them spoke at the same time "I don't want you to go"

"I don't want to go"

At that Nanon chuckled bitterly and stated "But still you need to go"

Ohm remained silent and Nanon continued "It won't be long. It won't be long, right?"

With teary eyes, Ohm tried to put on a forced smile and said "Yeah, of course, yeah It won't be long. 2 years will go in a blink of an eye. No matter how far I'll be, no matter for how long I'll be gone, don't worry, okay? You know right? It will be fine, don't be afraid." that consolation Ohm was giving might have sounded as if it was for Nanon but it was more for him, more for him to try to bind his anxiety, it was for him to make him realize that situation had turned different, it was to try to make himself understand that they have to be apart for some time.

Nanon dropped his gaze to the floor and said "I'm more sad than afraid"

"I guess you are still braver than me then?" Ohm said trying to crack the pensive atmosphere, with that Nanon suddenly met his eyes and slowly took Ohm's hand into his and asked "When is your flight?"

"It's 8 days from now on."

"Okay! I won't say any cringe line of let's enjoy to our best before we will be apart or anything like that, but let's be with each other this time around tho. Suddenly I'm greedy of your time now that you are going to fly away to some few, oh! not few...but a long distance away." Nanon mumbled clutching Ohm's hands even tighter.

"Let's be more comfortable with this, like our going-to-be a long-distance relationship?" Ohm said finally cracking a tiny smile.

"Yeah, our going-to-be a long-distance relationship..."

IAME- I can't believe myself!! I never knew I could write so dramatically...Now, this is the gateway to the main event, this event.....