Ancient Runes

The next morning comes, sunlight glints in through curtains. Sky blue, navy and turquoise.... blue in all shades are inside the bedroom, just like the common room. Elizabeth opens her eyes and looks around, tries to accept the fact that she is a Hogwarts students now. She lives here, is her home. Yesterday late night does not allow her to have a better glance over her bedroom. It is rare a student can have a room by herself. She never know how that looks like. Simply a bed when you enter the door. Shelves next to the door on the right side to allow student get as much book as possible. Even this is a room for one, there is plenty of space for her to put her stuff. She never has a room for herself, not before her previous life or back in the house of Holmes. She unpacks her stuffs and put that in the room, this process is satisfying unexpectedly. It likes she live by herself, the freedom. 

Knock Knock. She opens the door if the schedule arrives, there is a a stroll of parchment paper lying on the ground. She picks that up, checking the classes per day. "Merlin's beard, I got two days off. But other  three days are filled, indeed with seven class." Third year need to prepare their O.W.L. Exam so they need to do significant amount of self study. First day of school in this magical land, learning potions and charms etc. She is awake early, seven am. Is been a while for me to wake up this early.  Class on Monday is Care for magical creatures, study of ancient runes and defence against the dark arts. Her hands fix the blue strips tie,  her slightly curl hair at the ends. Everything is gonna be smooth. She thought

In the forest nears to Hagrid's house, he is the new professor for the magical creature lesson. He leads the students from his house to the safe part of the forest. Maddy and you share quite similar timetable, this comforts Elizabeth. While they still wait for others to arrive, you hear Hagrid's masculine thick voice, "You, you are the new student , right? As your first professor,  wish you enjoy my lesson."  "Certainly I will, Professor Hagrid." , She nods to him. As expected, Harry Potter and his friends show up at the last minute. They may, they must clearly plan on something, I wonder. She goes with Maddy, who is suddenly start to ask you, "Lizzy....What do you think we will learn or even get a chance to see ?" "maybe something that fly?" She reply casually with shrugging her shoulder. 

"Wow, it is huge." Maddy yells when she sees Buckbeak for the first time. "Yes, Maddy. This is Bucbeak, a fully grown hippogriff...." Hagrid starts to introduce just as the movie scene, and like what happened, Harry gets on and flies with it.  Whereas, us who staying on the ground, we decide to hang around before Harry returns. To Maddy's credit, Hagrid permits students to wander within the area. Not far from Elizabeth, she stares to Hermione and Draco. The Slytherin boy teases Hermione again, Ron interrupts and says something back to him. Elizabeth assumes this is usual trick and Hagrid will separate them. Yet, He is occupied in looking for Harry in the sky. The argument tension is rising and boiling hot. 

"Saying something like this to hurt others does not make you any superior, Malfoy." Elizabeth steps in, meeting Draco's eyes straightly. "Who are you?" Draco meets her gaze with a a confused look. His sidekicks explains in a whispers and Darco turns his head back to her. "So you are the Hatstall girl, it is none of your business." He pauses, studying her uniform. "Wait, this is not Hufflepuff, so the rumour is true that you are the first mistake !" He shouts that aloud, "That's why you mingle with the mud blood." Elizabeth face is white, pale for his insult. She glances at other classmates surround to her and Draco, making her feels the air is getting thinner and thinner. She gaps for air. "Your insult is still low class as before. And Do not say that word in front of me again, Malfoy." Hermione warns him. 

Draco's cocky grin disappears like dismissing himself and the companion out of sight. "He is one nasty being." Elizabeth comments his childish behaviour. "Thanks for that, you are Elizabeth Holmes? I am Hermione Granger and he is Ronald Weasley." Hermione points at Ron. "No need to mention it, I am glad that you remember me." On the surface, Elizabeth looks steady. She is shouting the fact that Hermione is talking to her. Fangirl reaction, please calm down and do not embarrass yourself. Hermione hesitates, "I appreciate what you did since ..." Elizabeth gives an understanding look. "There is still prejudice holding muggles so when you speak up for me, I am grateful." She expresses her gratitude so genuine. Elizabeth says, "No problem." 

Draco's injury from Buckbeak leads the lesson cancel. More free time before the lunch and other two lesson. "Must be insane that first day of class already occur accidents." Maddy and Elizabeth stroll in the grassland within the main building. She suggests to take Elizabeth for a fast Hogwarts tour. They are on the bridge which leads to the Quidditch field. "Can I ask you something , Lizzy?" "Sure." "Why would you help Hermione today? It does not appear to me that you would encounter into conflicts." Elizabeth gazes to the far far away mountain, "I hate prejudice or stereotypes. From where I born, people love to hold subjective opinion. And this is the last thing I want to see." She murmurs and her shoulder length dark hair is blowing with the gentle breeze.

Study of ancient rune is near Ravenclaw common room, also means that Elizabeth is climbing the stairs again. Professor McGonagall cannot be serious right, me training with the Quidditch team. She is there on time, the classroom design is traditional, like a concert stadium. Seats are in two then raised platforms to another one. Teacher's desk is in the middle, behind is the chalkboard which several runes are written up there. Elizabeth thoughts there is not much classmates here, is a lot in fact. Most of them are Ravenclaw as it is a more theoretical class, requiring students to read much more than Divination. Only two seats left, one is in the front row, another is at the last. Two enormous window at the left, outside is forest that Elizabeth just been. Trails leads to the greenery hills that The Whomping willow is in the midst of road. She chooses the last one in case anyone paying attention to her. 

She pulls the wooden chair, someone is laying on the table next to her. His arms fold to let his forehead falls on them. Elizabeth cannot see his face at all from the angle, only his light blue hair. The colour fades that it only shows a bit of sky blue when light gleams on him. White and pure like snow. Elizabeth simply pursing her lips and focus back to professor. Professor Babbling is very passionate to her subjects, causing her talking speed is too fast to catch. She wants to have great grade in her examination. In this course, she does not have any friends to ask for help, only praying this is not demanding as it seems. She jots notes on the requirement of the exams and so on. The boy stay like this for the whole class, she does not see him flinch, not even slightly. As if he does not sleep at night. 

"It is hard, now I know why everyone take Divination rather than ancient rune." Elizabeth sighs with worrying looks, walking the corridor with Maddy to their last class of the day, Defense against the dark arts. Maddy suggests, "How about getting know new friends, after all we are living in a boarding school now. A friend or two will be handy." They enter the teaching buildings, stepping on the moving staircase. Elizabeth consider sincerely about Maddy's suggestion, Boom. The sound of staircase made when they moving scares Elizabeth. "I still need time to get use with them."