Chapter 6

Disclaimer: There is no information on how the recommendations work, so I just made it up.

***

"What!?" you exclaimed to your parents. They were obviously quite the catch because, apparently, you were not going to take the normal entrance exam but the special recommendation one "How?"

U.A. accepted you as a special recommendation. You were overjoyed, but also in disbelief. You assumed they were still opposed to the whole "I want to be a hero" thing and would be less supportive of you. They agreed to you going there, but that didn't mean they weren't concerned. So, this was rather shocking. It meant a lot to you.

But how did they get you this opportunity? As far as you knew, they both worked for a big company in Tokyo. Never really told you any details about it but you didn't want to be nosy about stuff you apparently shouldn't know. So, you just never asked them. Point is, that none of them are associated with any hero agency or have any connections with a pro.

"Let's just say that your father has ways." your mom said.

So, they were not going to tell you. Again.

Well, they did get you an amazing opportunity so you just shrugged it off, for now.

"Thank you so much!" you embraced them both tightly "I love you"

"We love you too, Y/n" you father said

"I'm going to tell Izuku; he'll freak out!" You said as you dashed outside towards his house. You were already scheduled to go there. He mentioned that he had some free time, so you took advantage of the opportunity to finally speak with him. You were still in contact, but with the exam approaching and his and your training, it was becoming difficult to even text.

You arrived there all excited to tell him. After they greeted you, you went to his room and began telling him everything.

"Are you serious?" he asked you with such a happy expression on his face "That's amazing, Y/n! I'm really happy for you"

"Thank you, Izuku" you said "I hope I can pass it"

"Of course, you will" he said "your quirk is amazing"

You leaned back to the chair you sitting near his desk "Thank you, but I assume that isn't the only thing that will be tested"

"Well, it's true that the difficulty of the standard entrance exam differs year over year, so I wouldn't be surprised if the special recommendation one is even more difficult..." the boy began to analyze.

"Izuku" you tried to stop him from the mumbling but-

"But, if your training is going well, and based on what I can see, you must have improved significantly, so if we take that into account..."

"Izuku"

"You should be able to pass with high marks and- "

"Izuku!" this time you got his attention.

"Ah sorry, Y/n" he gave you an awkward laugh, while scratching the back of his head.

You laughed at the boy's awkwardness but that laugh faded quickly. You were really happy to have this opportunity, even though you had no idea how your parents got it, and they didn't tell you much about it. But that was not the issue right now. Izuku may be happy, but there was another person you were uncertain about.

"You think I should tell him?" you asked the boy sitting in front of you on his bed.

His smile wore out like yours when he heard your question. Bakugo did offer to train you, but that didn't mean that his competitiveness was gone. But maybe he would understand. It didn't really mean anything which exam the both of you were going to take. It's who passed, right?