Chapter 53

Katsuki's mom insisted on driving you both to school today and your guess is that she knows you two are together now.

Your theory was confirmed when she started asking questions about you to "get to know you better." Katsuki was letting out sighs of frustration during the whole ride. He even tried to silence her a couple times when she almost revealed embarrassing stuff to you about him. It was cute.

You waved her goodbye and thanked her for the ride before walking into the school.

You hear an annoyed "tch" coming from him as walks with his hands stuffed in his pockets and his back bent back.

"How isn't your back hurting with that posture?" No answer. He's still cutely mad about his mom. "Oh, come one, she didn't say anything."

"She was about to! Ya don't need to know all the stupid stuff I did as a kid!"

"I know most of the stupid stuff you did as a kid, Katsuki, I was there." You say, trying to hold back your giggle.

"Shuddap." He mumbles in defeat. "You don't know everythin'." You suddenly stop, turn your body to face him and hold out your hand. He looks at you and your hand, back and forth, as he checks around the other students who weren't paying attention to you two. "What are you doing?"

"Hold my hand."

"Why?"

"'Cause I want to."

"No." He keeps walking and you fly to land in front of him. "I said no."

"Please?" You pout.

"Still no."

"Fine," You turn around to walk away. "I'll tell the guys who hit on me that you're just my friend." You swear he grabbed your hand faster than you would. You smile mischievously, adjusting your hand to intertwine your fingers.

"I'm letting go at the entrance."

"Yay!"

"I hate you." He grumbles.

"You love me." You correct him, pushing him teasingly with your shoulder. When you glanced at his face, though, it was like it was the last thing he was expecting to hear. "What?"

He almost smiled but he tried to hide it, shaking his head. "Nothin', let's go."

What was that about? It was as if he was trying to find something and when he smiled he knew the answer. Well, you can ask him later. He's not secretive with you anymore, he'll tell you.

You enter your class, greeting all of your classmates who were curiously eyeing you two. Mina even winked at you and you mouth her "stop" because of embarrassment.

"Good morning, Nagata." Tokoyami, who was next to you on his desk, said. "Are you feeling any better?" Of course Dark Shadow would ask.

"Good morning; yes, I'm much better, thank you."

He smiles softly, giving you a nod. "Good to hear."

"Good morning, Izuku." You walk up to ruffle the boy's green hair, you also missed. "How was the internship?" You know he was gonna start the babbling but you didn't mind this time. You were really curious to listen where he went and what he learned. "Sounds like you had good training. Are you okay, though? You know, with the Hero Killer situation."

Apparently Izuku, Todoroki and Iida were caught in an incident where the Hero Killer was involved and the Endeavor saved them. At least, that's what the news said.

You feel guilty for finding out at the last minute and not contacting Izuku at all. It randomly popped up on your notifications last night after hanging up with Kei, as you were scrolling through the phone before going to sleep.