Chapter 48

"What happened!?" Kei lands from his apartment, noticing that you have immobilized a man on the ground, and Hina is close to him. Did she fall from the roof? That's a quirk of hers.

"Just some pocket thief," You say nonchalantly as you grab the man from his tied hands and pick him up. "I got him."

"Did he hurt you?" He asked Iwasaki, almost sounding demanding.

"No." She answers with a shake of her head. "I'm fine."

"Did he touch you?" He raised his eyebrow and you swear his voice went down like two octaves.

"No, Hawks, he only tried to take my bag." She said like she was trying to convince Kei that it's nothing but I think even the slightest act on her is enough for him.

"No, I got him." He grabbed the man by the collar, quivering in front of Hawks. Either he's quirkless or his power isn't enough to beat your brother. "Y/n take them up. I'll be back in five." He sounded like he was about to murder the guy. You hopped not.

"Hawks!" Asami yelled but Kei had already spread his wings and flew away as fast as he could. "Ugh, that man will drive me crazy."

He's probably handing him to the police station. Or beat him up.

You went to grab Hina and you noticed she was full of thoughts, as she stared at the sky. What did Kei tell her? He probably asked her way too many questions and she had no choice but to spill everything. He's good at getting information out of anyone. You have to ask him to teach you that at some point.

You held her hand, making her jump a little from the sudden contact, and Iwasaki's too, and flew up to his apartment. Or rather, his penthouse. What the fuck? This place is too big for a single person to live in. At the very least, you know where your money from his merchandise went.

"I'm gonna use the restroom real quick." Iwasaki said, already walking inside the apartment. The way she was moving around, though, made you a little curious.

"You seem to know the place very well," You couldn't help yourself, she knew exactly where the bathroom was and where to leave her stuff. "You've been here before?" You say, a cunning smile spreading across your lips.

"Yeah," She smiles back but it's more like the smile you give attitude with. "When his ass had a shit ton of stuff to do and left everything for the last minute and we had to stay up all night."

She walks in without you or her saying another word because there wasn't much to say after that. You've never seen Iwasaki this upset, even though you've known her for just a few days. Maybe the thief from earlier did hurt her in a way you didn't notice?

If that's the case, you need more training than you thought, 'cause you barely noticed the guy sneaking behind her and that's the easiest thing for you to sense.

Maybe your brother could calm her down when he gets back. He knows her better, anyway, and you're not even sure what upset her.

While waiting for Kei, you noticed that Hina didn't speak a word the whole time. She kept staring at a specific spot on the wall and barely moved. What did he tell her that is making her think so much? Did Hina indeed tell him everything? She most likely did, you don't think she had another choice.

You sit next to her, holding her wrist as a sign of comfort. She makes a low "hm" sound when you broke her out of her thoughts. "Are you okay?"

She...smiled. Like genuinely smiled. She lands her hand on yours and tightens her grip a little, as if returning the comfort. "Yeah, I'm okay."

You don't really believe her. She might be smiling but that tells you enough to know that she's not fine. She's thinking hard about something and you don't know if you want her to tell you or not. Telling you you're sisters was enough of a nuclear bomb in your head for today.