Chapter 24

"She's doing great," your father said to your mother who was beside him with nothing but pride on his face, as he smiled while watching you from his seat inside the colosseum. "Guess you were worried about nothing."

"Yeah," Ayaka was afraid that after your "talk", you wouldn't do that well in the sports festival, which—even though she was the one against you going to U.A. from the start—is something she didn't want to happen. "I guess so."

You need to do well in order to be scouted for an internship by an agency. Deep down, she hopes Hawks will be the one to scout you. She knows how much you admire him, so whoever chooses you, she is certain that you'll go to him. And you have a lot to learn from him.

"You think he's watching?" Minori asked, without taking his eyes off of you.

"I know he is," Ayaka responded. "He needs someone to gain information from and the president basically ordered him to, so he doesn't really have a choice."

"I see."

"You okay?" Ayaka asked him, as he seemed to be thinking of something rather than admiring you on the screen.

"How come you didn't use your mind reading?"

"Eh," She shrugged her shoulders and laid back to her seat, averting her gaze back to you again. "I thought I should let you be a little mysterious."

Minori let out a small breathy laugh. He opened him to say something but closed it again and took a deep breath instead. "Am I the only one that feels like we're being watched?"

From the minute they sat down in the stadium, he constantly had that feeling. Like there is someone standing behind him just observing them. Hell, they might be able to even hear them talking.

"So, I'm not crazy, after all."

They both stayed in silence, but what was really happening was that they were communicating through Ayaka's quirk, in case someone could hear their conversation.

"I'll go check," Minori said—well thought, actually. "If I'm not back in 20 minutes, come find me."

"Got it."

"I'll go get a beverage," he said as he stood up. "You want anything?"

"No, I'm good, thanks."

As soon as he walked up the stairs towards the exit, he saw a person inside it. They were wearing a black jacket, the hood of which covered their face and they had their back laid on the wall with their hands shoved inside their pockets.

He recognized the person as soon as he walked past them– or rather, her.

"Keep walking, Minori." the girl ordered him. She guided him outside of the stadium, to a place where no one could see or hear them. "Long time no see, huh?"

"Medea," the man said. The only thing he could think of at that moment, was that she should have gone insane to be at the sports festival. "What brings you of all people here? You know better."

Her grey, hooded eyes and the shrugg of her shoulders said it all. The girl couldn't care less if she would be recognized by anyone. She could easily escape; she's fast enough.

"Just wanted to enjoy the festival. Is that a crime?"

"You're here for Y/n, aren't you?" Minori knows Medea well enough to know what her intentions are. You and her were inseparable when you were kids. If only he could tell you the truth, but now is not the time. He needs to save the girl who is right in front of him. "I saw the photograph with you two together on her desk a few days ago. That was you right?"