Chapter 18

Location: Hero Public Safety Commission

Ayaka and Minori are in their office's, investigating the USJ incident. They got information that Medea had come in contact with you during the League of Villains' break-in, which was something they were afraid of happening.

They are not bad guys. They are trying to do what they couldn't in the past. Protect you. All of you.

"You think she has her memories back?" Minori said casually, even though he knew it was something really serious to ask. You are not their real daughter, but they raised and loved you as their own. They wish they could escape your brother along with you, though.

"I don't know." When Ayaka turned to face him, her voice cracked because she couldn't hold back her emotions any longer. She was afraid that if you discovered the truth about them, you would despise them and believe that they had been duping you all these years simply to bring you back to the Commission "I don't know, Minori. All I know is that our daughter is probably hurt right now and we are not by her side, because we are cowards!"

Minori embraced his lover. Medea is now a member of the League of Villains; thus, they knew she'd try to murder you. They received a call from the school, but they did not answer it since they knew something bad had occurred to you and they did not have the guts to confront you, if you had regained your memories.

"We have to go, Ayaka." he said without breaking the hug "Even if she hates us after, we will still be by her side." Her fists clenched on his shirt as she sobbed on his shoulder. She couldn't bear the thought of you hating them, even though they lied only to protect you from the commission "Right?"

She nodded and slowly let go of Minori. An idea came to her mind but she hesitated to tell him.

"What is it?" he asked her.

"Huh?"

"You were thinking of something."

Was this going to be a good idea? It could make things worse. But if there is a chance of saving all three of them...

"What if..." her gaze was on the floor and she was biting her lower lip "What if we talk to him...?"

Minori raised an eyebrow out of confusion "How about you be more specific? Talk to who about what?"

"Talk to her brother about-"

"Absolutely not!"

She stood up almost immediately "But, Minori, if we try to tell him the truth maybe he could-"

"No!" he interrupted her, yet again. After a few seconds of silence his voice softened "Listen, Ayaka. You know he cannot help us unless he has his memories back. He won't believe us. Besides..." he looked away not bearing to look her in the eyes to say what he was about to.

"What?"

"We have to accept that it's impossible to get him out of the Commission."

"No, we can-"

"Ayaka!" she was startled by the sudden raise of his voice.

They wished to be able to save every child or hero who was imprisoned behind the commission's walls. But it's not so simple for the heroes. At the very least, your brother... What they really wanted for you was, at least, for him to escape from all that manipulation. All the dirty work they force him—and especially him, for some reason—to do in order to achieve a society the Hero Public Safety Commission wants.

The aim is good, but the path they chose to get there is not.

"We are too late for him. He is a hero now." Minori spoke.