Chapter 26

"Hey, Y/n, are you there?" Izuku opened the door and we immediately broke the kiss. "Oh! Uh, um, I- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, uh-" the boy started panicking as if he had just committed a crime.

"Get out, nerd." Katsuki warned him, speaking between his teeth.

"Yes, Kacchan I'm sorry!"

You were staring at the floor the whole time.

He...Katsuki kissed you. He actually kissed you and you...you kissed him back. That's what was messing with your head; the fact that you didn't pull back or push him away. Instead, you closed your eyes, as your hands were traveling through his blonde hair, and enjoyed it.

Your heart was pounding like crazy, you thought he was able to hear it. But the best part was that you were able to hear his when your hand landed on his chest. It could have been your wings for all you know but still. The sound of his heart made you feel a weird feeling in your chest.

You liked that kiss, yet if he were to do it again you would probably hesitate. You're not sure why. Maybe it's because you have no clue why you liked it in the first place. You don't even know what you are supposed to say now. Not that he knows.

You're both staring anywhere but each other in silence, trying to process those seconds of intimacy.

"Sorry." You barely caught what he said. "That- I shouldn't have done that. I...Fuck, I don't fucking know what am I supposed to say."

"Don't..." you spoke, raising your gaze. "Don't be sorry. I...I couldn't have, uh...pushed you away or something but I didn't and I don't ask me why, because I don't know either." You noticed his hands were clenched and his face was as tense as it could be. You slowly approached him, "But," and wrapped both your hands around his. "That...That wasn't a mistake."

His eyes went wide for a second before he looked at you. You understood why he was getting nervous so he relaxed the second you assured him that that kiss was not something you regret.

"At least that's how it feels to me." you said trying to keep eye contact.

"Y/n..." Oh no. Things are serious when he calls you by your name. Whatever it is about to follow, it's not going to be something you're ready for. He opened and closed his mouth several times as if he was struggling to put his thoughts and words in order.

"Stop," You said, squeezing his hand a little. "Whatever it is that you want to say, you're clearly not ready to say it yet."

It was true, he had no idea what he was trying to say to you. He wasn't even thinking; he just grabbed you and kissed you and, for him, and fortunately for you as well, it felt right. You even said it, it was not a mistake. And he was genuinely happy to hear that. Why? He still has no idea.

You couldn't resist the urge to wrap your arms around his neck and whisper, "Thank you, Katsuki," He didn't hug you back but you didn't mind. You knew he was not the best with this kind of stuff. "For always being there for me."

You let go and smiled at him before you opened the door and exited the room.

"What the fuck just happened?"

***

"Hey, guys, are you ready!? It's time for a serious battle where you can only depend on yourself!" Present Mic spoke, as Cementos was pretty much done with building the battleground for the third round to begin.

The first battle was between Izuku and Shinso. You were watching from the stands along with your classmates beside you.

"Hey, Bakugo, where have you been wandering off? The match is about to start." Kirishima said to Katsuki who was the last one to show up.