Chapter 17

The last you could remember after passing out were Medea's last words.

"See you soon, Y/n. Sweet dreams."

Meaning you were going to meet her again soon enough.

When your eyes fully adjusted to the room's lightning, you realized you were in a hospital room. Of course. She stabbed you, where else would you be?

The thing is, you don't really like hospitals. It reminds you of the day you met your parents. It reminds you of all those feelings of loneliness, emptiness and sadness.

Crap, your parents! You forgot to ask her about them. Although, judging from the small amount of information you were able to get from her, she wasn't going to cooperate by giving you answers about them too. Well, at least you got a name.

Kei. That's your brother's name. And you're assuming he's alive, since she gave that information.

You sigh, staring at the ceiling, as all these thoughts occupy your mind. You turn your head and noticed some cards, flowers and gifts on a small table in front of the window.

It formed a smile on your lips, but fainted just as quickly at the sudden thought of Katsuki. You were worried for Izuku and your classmates, too, but especially for him. He got himself injured to save you.

Tears were forming in your eyes as you replayed the whole scene in your head. Not only did he got hurt, but he got hurt because of your own selfishness...

You could've easily taken him to Aizawa right away, considering how fast you can fly, but now you decided that interrogating Medea was the best choice and how did things end? You and Katsuki pass out from hemorrhage, getting nothing but a name AND he probably hates you because of your stupidity.

God, he was right from the beginning. You do chase my past. And it blinds your vision of the present and future. You have no idea what happened after you lost consciousness, but you really hoped everyone was okay.

You heard the door slide open and it was then that you noticed you were inside Recovery Girl's office. At least you weren't at the hospital.

"Hi, sweetie. How are you feeling?" she asked you, with a soft smile.

Like smashing everything on your sight and at the edge of a mental breakdown, that's how you were feeling.

"I'm okay." you lied "So, how worried were my parents? My mom probably freaked out when she saw my condition."

There was a silence of seconds between you and her. As if hesitating to answer "Um...Unfortunately, I was not able to contact your parents. It went straight to voicemail."

"Oh..."

So, they have no idea that their daughter was attacked by a villain, let alone someone they are looking for.

You were getting so tired of that situation; of all these secrets. They are not who they say they are. You don't know a single thing about them. Their names are most likely fake. Their "jobs" are most likely a lie. Your whole life has been full of secrets, lies and sorrow.

You just wanted answers. You just wanted your past back. Was that so much to ask?

They probably don't even care about you. It was all an act. They know what happened to you. You were sure of that. But they've been keeping the truth from you since day one.

They did not find you inside an alley. They were not clueless of what had happened to you.

They know everything. And you won't stop until you learn the truth.

"I see. They're probably busy with work." you said with a fake smile and immediately changed the subject because you did not want any questions for your parents "Is, uh...Is everyone okay?"