Chapter 27

"Where the hell did you run off to?" Shigaraki asked Medea, clearly pissed off that Medea had left the hideout without permission or at least inform someone in case something happens. "If you had gotten in any trouble I wouldn't come to save your ass."

"Did I get myself into any trouble?" she says, raising her eyebrows. Her back rests against the wall with her legs crossed and her hands are shoved within the pockets of her jacket. "I'll take your silence as a no and proceed to ignore you."

She exited the room and climbed the stairs that led up to the roof. Once she opened the door, smoke was the first thing her face encountered. Dabi.

"Where were you?"

She waves her hand to clean the smoke in front of her while coughing a little. "Sorry daddy, was I late for dinner?"

A smirk forms on Dabi's face. "I like the sound of that."

"Go away you pervert."

She walks past him but Dabi isn't done talking since he grabbed her arm. "I asked you a question. Good girls speak when spoken to."

"Are you actually curious or just horny?"

He took a drag from his cigarette, released it on her face again leaning near her face by doing so.

"Heh," he chuckles. "Am I that obvious?" Medea rolled her eyes and walked away from him, resting her hands on the railings. "I do want to know."

"Aw, look at you acting like you care," she said with a fake pout. Dabi rolls his eyes and walks next to her, copying her position. "Just paid my friend a visit."

"What? You mean you went to the sports festival?"

"Precisely." she admitted, while checking her nails.

"Tch, you really don't know when to stop. You love playing with her head that much? You're starting to behave like Toga."

Medea's eyes got dark while looking in the distance. She only wants to make you suffer as much as she did because of you.

"I lost precious people from my life because of her, Dabi," her voice was now a whole octave lower. "I want her to feel the pain I felt before I show her what she did to me."

"What did she do?"

"You don't care."

"True, I'm just bored and want to chat until I finish this cigarette."

She turns to look at him and her gaze falls on his scars. Dabi never really told her anything about his past or how he got those scars. Not that he was forced to, but Medea has told him parts of her childhood and what basically happened to her. Among the members of the League, Shigaraki and Dabi are the only one's Medea feels comfortable to talk with. She's not that close with anyone else.

She was just staring at his scars, thinking all kinds of different scenarios of what kind of damage had he taken to get this hurt. She almost reached her hand to touch them until Dabi spoke again.

"Didn't know dudes with burned skin were your type."

She would have answered him with a sarcastic comment—as always—but instead she focused on one word out of that sentence. "Burned?"

He lets out a scoff. "What did you think they were?"

"I don't know," she shrugged her shoulders and moved her lips downwards. "Never sat down to think "Hm, are Dabi's scars burn marks?""

"I doubt that," He said, putting the cigarette in between his lips. "Bet you think about it every day."

"Believe what you want, dude, I really never gave it any thought."