Chapter 36

Katsuki glances at the myrtle on his side. You actually thanked him for simply keeping a flower? Is that how much it meant to you?

He sighs heavily, once you leave, leaning on the wall and slowly sliding down on the floor. His face was covered by his arms which rested on his knees. "If you wanna say something then say it already, don't just stand at the fucking door!"

"Language!" She warns, approaching him and putting down the drinks on the desk. "Look, I didn't mean to overhear what you were talking about but-"

"I don't care about that right now," He says, annoyed. "And I don't want to talk about it with you so get out!"

"Don't yell at me, Katsuki, I'm your mother!" She sits down next to him. "Why weren't you honest with her? I believe she was quite honest with you and I don't think it was easy for her." He stays silent without moving a muscle from his current position. "Why don't you tell me what is going on between you, hm?"

"Why should I do that!? Just leave me alone, it's none of your business!"

"Because I am your mother and I want to help you! Now, tell me what is going on!?"

He doesn't answer. She only waits for her son to share his troubles with her and give him some motherly advice.

Katsuki is not the best when it comes to expressing his feelings. She knows that, and that's why every time there is something going on with him, she just lets him take his time and talk.

He lets out a sigh before raising his head up again. "I don't even know what the fuck is going on between us. I don't know what to tell you."

"Then, try explaining to me what has happened all this time that has brought you two up to this point."

All this time...huh?

As he unlocked every memory, one by one, he got lost in his thoughts. He remembers even the smallest details each day you saw each other. Even from his childhood.

He remembers the little girl crying and screaming out of anger under the willow tree inside the abandoned park near his neighborhood. He remembers comforting you in his own way. Stepping in when those bullies picked on you for your wings.

Then, even when you stopped talking, he kept checking on you without you noticing anything.

He protected you last year when the sludge villain almost got you, during combat training a giant piece of debris almost crushed you but thanks to his quick reflexes, he saved you.

At USJ, too. That girl would've nearly killed you if he hadn't stepped in. But why did he do it?

Why is he so afraid every time you are in danger?

Why does it bother him so much every time you are sad?

Why does he...care?

When you saw Medea talking with your dad at the sports festival and told you lies, you almost had a panic attack after. And he went as far to kiss you...Why did he kiss you? Why would he kiss you?

At that moment, he thought it was just because he cared for you as a friend. But that was immediately deleted when your lips intertwined.

"Katsuki?"

"Huh?" He comes back to reality. "Look, I don't know, okay!?"

"Watch your tone, young man, I am only trying to help you!"

"I don't want your help, everything is fine!"

"If everything is fine, why are you miserably sitting on the floor!?"