Chapter 35

"Choosing hero names is going more smoothly than I thought it would!" Midnight said. "All that's left is Bakugo, who needs to rethink his, Iida and Midoriya."

You chuckle. "King Explosion Murder?"

"Shut up." He growls as he writes another name.

Like Todoroki, Iida went with his name as well. It was Izuku's turn to present his name. He checked his name one last time before turning it around to show us.

You were as shocked as the rest of the class was. He chose...that?

"Izuku, are you sure you're okay with that name?" You asked. "I can help you think of another one if you want."

"Yeah, you might be called that forever, you know." Kirishima agreed.

"Yeah," Izuku said. "I didn't like this name until now. But someone changed the meaning of it, and that had a huge impact on me. It made me really happy. So, my hero name is Deku."

"Well, if you are okay with it, then I guess it's fine." Midnight approved of his name but you were still unsure about this decision. But if he is comfortable with Deku, you can't force him to change it. Besides, he actually looks happy with it.

You tilted your head and gave him a quick wink with a smile, as he sat on his seat, and smiled back.

"Now that everyone's decided on their hero names," Aizawa said while getting out of his sleeping bag. "We'll go back to talking about the internships. They will last for a week. As for where you'll have them, those who had offers from pros will be given your own lists, so you can choose from those yourself. Those who didn't have offers will choose from among forty agencies around the country that will be accepting our interns. They all work in different places and have different specialities."

"For example," Midnight said. "Thirteen would be focused on rescues from accidents and disasters more than fighting villains."

"Think carefully before you choose." Aizawa said, handing the papers to the students. "Turn in your choices before the weekend. Dismissed."

What!? Before the weekend!? That's only two days! And he left just like that.

***

It was now lunch time and you haven't even moved a muscle from your seat. You let out a sigh as you start getting nervous to see the offers. It would be nice if that person scouted you...

As you flip the page, you look through the names quickly, searching for only one agency. 'Come on, please be here, please.'

You were almost at the end of the second page when Mina came to talk to you.

"So, what offers did you get, famous girl?" She laid her face on her palms, steading her elbows on your desk.

"Oh, well I have a lot but..." You didn't bother looking at the other names because you were already convinced the agency you wanted to intern was not among the ones on the papers.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She rested her hand on your shoulder.

"Are you okay, Y/n?" Izuku asked. You looked at him with a look and he immediately understood your problem. "Oh, he didn't scout you?"

You purse your lips into a think like and shake your head.

"Were you looking for a specific pro, Y/n?" Mina asked.

"Yeah, but I guess I didn't catch his attention, even though I had second place at the sports festival."

"Hey, don't worry about it, Y/n," Jirou said, walking towards you. "You have so many other offers from big pros, it's not over."